The modding bud has got me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
One of our members had me fit an AMG exhaust system to his car. Wifey (his) did not like it and insisted he revert the car back to standard. Me being me, looked at said system and thought, that will look the dogs on the coupe. Soooooo deal done, now going to fit (C30AMG?) exhaust to coupe. Then started to think, wouldn't it be nice if I could find a 230k engine :rolleyes: Looked at Ady's sub frame and once again thought, that would look nice on my coupe. PLEASE some one stop me before I spend too much. This illness is catching. What is the antidote... BMW maybe? :crazy:

Someone once told me that modifying is a DISEASE!!

Once it starts........ :devil:

My modifiying started with a set of 16" AMG Aeros on a W124, look where its got me.....:D

One of our members had me fit an AMG exhaust system to his car. Wifey (his) did not like it and insisted he revert the car back to standard. Me being me, looked at said system and thought, that will look the dogs on the coupe. Soooooo deal done, now going to fit (C30AMG?) exhaust to coupe. Then started to think, wouldn't it be nice if I could find a 230k engine :rolleyes: Looked at Ady's sub frame and once again thought, that would look nice on my coupe. PLEASE some one stop me before I spend too much. This illness is catching. What is the antidote... BMW maybe? :crazy:

Better warn Mrs Gollom - no wonder you are insistent that the W124 comes in over Easter. :rolleyes: Let me guess - spinning hub caps? Neon blue washer jets? Horn that plays Dixie? :eek:

P.S. Got me a bit too. Silver aeriel on the B200 and also changed the front indicator bulbs from orange to silver!

Last edited:
Oh Steve the walking dangerous man. Am I going to have some fun over Easter, now where is Bruntingthorpe? :devil:

Someone once told me that modifying is a DISEASE!!

Once it starts........ :devil:

My modifiying started with a set of 16" AMG Aeros on a W124, look where its got me.....:D

I believe it to be a Disease too :D , I think its the same strand that makes you buy cars, I have 6 now...:eek: Just me then?

Mr Walker is a bad influence on me, as if I am not bad enough, he phones me nearly every day, how about we do......... I can't resist and just say yeah sounds great :bannana: :bannana:

I can't wait to see it, when I get it back I have plans for a rather large install and Interior to do...:D

ADY,

I saw your car (yes it was me) yesterday at w124works and i can't wait to see it once completed!

It looked, well, bare as most of the bits are on the floor but i'm sure it'll be worth it!

regards,

KJ

Cheers, yeah Ian said he can't move over there for my car bits all over the workshop, Sorry Ian. :eek: :D

Ian
Without wishing to rain on your parade. Why not just finish the 190 V8...:rolleyes:

Ian
Without wishing to rain on your parade. Why not just finish the 190 V8...:rolleyes:
Oh that will be finished too :D , just got to make space for it in the corner where Ashley's Mitsubishi is. The V8 belongs to both Ray and I (more Ray I guess) Scumbag has plans for it when complete :rolleyes:

Ian

And from the 17th of February

Ian B Walker said:
The 190 is moving in this week and will be running within three weeks.

Both the 190 and the 380SE donor car were purchased 21 months ago and I'm still waiting. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom