The Mrs CLS350..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
With the arrival of another baby Alex225 fairly imminent it was time to say goodbye to the other half's SL350. Although one of the prettiest cars I've had the pleasure of driving, not only does it not have enough seats, it always felt like something would break at any moment. Lovely car but was only ever a temporary thing.

FGCGsaL.jpg

So here is it's replacement. This is a 2009 CLS350 CDI with 61k on the clock. The engine (for those who don't know) is a 3.0 V6 diesel so makes about 220bhp but 370lbs of torque so with the 7 speed auto it's a really nice thing to drive and still manages 45mpg! :thumb:

This seems like a pretty well cared for example, full service history and the last 4 or so services have been done by DDR in Surrey who look after my CLS63. Anyway less talk more pics...

5BiVP01.jpg

XnRlCce.jpg

6vQAbvJ.jpg

kQFqAWI.jpg

OYb84dt.jpg

I'm not sure what's been spec'd from the options list. The dashboard has the ash wood which is preferable to the brown wood and a make or break for the other half. Full heated leather interior with electric memory seats, Harmon Kardon stereo which is actually very good and a few other goodies.

VHOfpYH.jpg

eCH5eeM.jpg

cDtsRjS.jpg

YBd3lCV.jpg

Not too much to do with the car so will get a proper detail in the spring. The centre caps need replacing though as they're knackered. Looks like someone has tried to take them off from the front!

Congrats Alex, looks a nice compromise. More importantly good luck with the new arrival. Hope all goes well. :thumb:

Congratulations on the news of your baby, and on your wife's new wheels. Matching his and her cars rock!

Thank you on both counts and to you both. :)

Yeah the car is a good balance, cheaper to run day to day than the SL and better for a long drive. The Mrs family are an hour away and her sister two hours. Matching pair of CLS's although mine is covered up for winter. I get to have a drive of this one now and then though so I can't complain.

Also, this engine mated to the 7 speed box is lovely. We did a 120 mile round trip in it the other day and for cruising it's great.

Can't be too many 2 CLS households about.

Gorgeous car, and best wishes for the new arrival :banana:

Gorgeous car, and best wishes for the new arrival :banana:

Its a cracker :)

Thank you both, we're now pretty much prepared for a new arrival and my little girl is excited to become a big sister.

As for the car, I'm actually really pleased with it. It has a few minor blemishes but you can tell it's been looked after. I'm dying to give it a proper detail but for now it'll do nicely as it is. Took it for a drive on Saturday and had my mum in the back. I'd say that although the roof line is lower than my E Class, there's much better leg room.

Thanks mate, I wasn't sure what was standard and what was an extra. I assumed the stereo was an option, PDC? Is that the parking sensors, these aren't OEM unfortunately. They work but the fronts are temperamental!

Our new arrival (my 2nd daughter) made her appearance on Christmas Eve, so we have baby Lexi in the family now. So as you can imagine the CLS was a little unloved for a few weeks and 3-400 miles of use. Not the ideal weather so as you can imagine she looked a bit mucky.....

3vMjfof.jpg

So last week I was able to pre-wash the car and pressure wash it but the rain stopped me going any further. This weekend it finally got a thorough clean inside and out!

nK9q2wd.jpg

G0C9yjh.jpg

Love the LED tail lights on this!

MyhKuWU.jpg

Oh and in case you hadn't spotted, I bought my other half this number plate. I have Y666 ROX on my CLS (Roxie being my other daughter) so only fair my 2nd gets a plate too haha.

j2SW3zs.jpg

Thought I would resurrect this thread since we have just said goodbye to our much loved CLS350. As you've probably seen, we bought an ML350 due to another little one arriving in March. So five seats required and a big boot. To be fair to the CLS, it has made a genuinely excellent daily car, it's been fuel efficient, practical (for four) and remarkably cheap to run. I put some figures together for it over the three years and near 20k we put on it.
- £3,800 in depreciation​
- £800-ish in tyres​
- £400 in repairs​
- £1,000 in servicing/MOTs​
Works out at around £2k per year to run, which considering the type or car, luxury it offered and driving experience seems like a bargain really.

We had the wheels completely refurbished before it was sold so it actually looked it's absolute best right before we sold up.

ZPMziFU.jpg

iRqt1kF.jpg

qRukkun.jpg

9vOANFJ.jpg

Le3QJaZ.jpg

bKtdWln.jpg

And tonight before it was driven away! :(

u5k8jPc.jpg

ktH5WzM.jpg

Somebody's got a lovely motor, Alex, did you have a little tear in your eye as it drove off. :) 👍

I'm always a bit sad when a car goes. We brought our youngest home from the hospital in it and it's performed brilliantly as a daily car, plus it's a great looking thing. Far prettier than the ML that replaces it that's for sure haha.

Probably unique , two silver cls household!

I'm always a bit sad when a car goes. We brought our youngest home from the hospital in it and it's performed brilliantly as a daily car, plus it's a great looking thing. Far prettier than the ML that replaces it that's for sure haha.
Hey Alex,
How did you find selling a car with the current covid situation? How did you do test-drives etc? Cheers!

Probably unique , two silver cls household!

Yeah they did look good parked up side by side. I've built a bit of a reputation for buying silver Mercs although the colour is purely coincidental. It seems that many buyers of new Mercs back in this period didn't have huge imaginations when it comes to colours. I'd love a dark blue or red Merc but few and far between it seems.

Hey Alex,
How did you find selling a car with the current covid situation? How did you do test-drives etc? Cheers!

Put it this way, it looked like two surgeons going for a drive together!! Basically kept as wrapped up as possible, paperwork was all signed a distanced as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom