The New Mini Clubman Looks Neat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is rather easy on the eye I must say, although when I use the words 'go' and 'gut' in the same sentence it's usually for a somewhat different reason.

Fed up with them insisting it's still a mini. If they called it a maxi it would be a bit more realistic. I think the chic factor has long gone since they started feeding them steroids. I think it would look better if it was not scaled up so much. Same with the 500L. Why pretend it's a small car?

Fed up with them insisting it's still a mini. If they called it a maxi it would be a bit more realistic. I think the chic factor has long gone since they started feeding them steroids. I think it would look better if it was not scaled up so much. Same with the 500L. Why pretend it's a small car?

Yeah and don't get me started on Smart cars. They ought to call them Naive instead.

And Morgan/Morris - didn't the car manufacturers consider that perhaps any prospective buyers might have wanted to name their own cars?!

Seriously though - Mini is a brand name. Get over it.

Yeah and don't get me started on Smart cars. They ought to call them Naive instead.

And Morgan/Morris - didn't the car manufacturers consider that perhaps any prospective buyers might have wanted to name their own cars?!

Seriously though - Mini is a brand name. Get over it.

May as well name it after the daughter of some customer and the bloke whose wife happened to have the first car journey in history (ICE powered).

MINI is a brand name - Mini is how your mum pulled your dad!

:)

Thanks chaps, I'm over it now ! Just out of interest the 'new' BMW mini was already designed before Rover was given, sorry I meant sold to them. It originally was destined to have the 'K' series engine.

Sorry, but referring to the thread title, "neat" is the last word I would use to describe it.

IMO, "designed by a committee who couldn't agree" would be more appropriate!

But see my sig......

Thanks chaps, I'm over it now ! Just out of interest the 'new' BMW mini was already designed before Rover was given, sorry I meant sold to them. It originally was destined to have the 'K' series engine.

K series! That would have been a colossal mess of head gasket failure proportions.

I know the Mini series is gradually getting bigger and bigger but it looks like they are putting an "altitude warning beacon" atop the shark fin antenna now ;)

MINI Models are R51, R52, R53 etc.
Guess what the R stands for.

There is more than a little irony in that the current Mini's aren't anything of the sort; I was next to a Countryman at the traffic lights and it made my S204 feel small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but referring to the thread title, "neat" is the last word I would use to describe it.

IMO, "designed by a committee who couldn't agree" would be more appropriate!

But see my sig......

My opinion its neat, not for every one though:thumb:

I was shocked by the price, with the cheapest version at £20k.

I was expecting it to be about 12k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom