The problem with white cars... tar spots!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moff

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
So it's only been 1 month and already my car is covered in tar spots!!! I've just been out to clean my car (which was a very cold and icy experience) and when drying off noticed them.

It's so depressing as I am pretty sure the only sure fire way of getting rid is to clay the suckers. Wouldn't be so bad if this was 6 months in, but after 1250 miles and 1 month it's a nightmare!

I've already prepped and stuck on 3 layers of wax so if I clay I have to back to the beginning again.

Anyone got any tips or advice??

Thanks for the tip, will give it a go!

I would recommend Autoglym Tar Remover. It has worked for me in the past on spots most of the Halfords and similar brands have failed.

Snow foam the car, rinse it and then spray tardis all over the contaminated area. leave it for about 15 seconds and wipe of with a wet microfibre. Then wash the vehicle and all will be gone. Clay is not needed to remove tar and if you have tardis its litrally spray on and wipe off:)

White spirit, or any other cheap oil fraction, removes tar spots very easily...it's the active ingredient in all high priced tar spot removers.

I think your splitting hairs but I think I know which I would rather use. Like a said that would last one man and his car 4 years easy.

I think your splitting hairs but I think I know which I would rather use. Like a said that would last one man and his car 4 years easy.

The point I am making is that all "Detailing" products are simple products in expensive packaging.

I use "Lamp Oil" as a tar remover, simply because I had some knocking about.

Consider this. What would you use to clean a brush after painting bitumastic paint, white spirit or tardis/other tar spot remover?

Tar is bitumen.

Dec06valetlampoil.jpg

Last edited:
The point I am making is that all "Detailing" products are simple products in expensive packaging.

I use "Lamp Oil" as a tar remover, simply because I had some knocking about.

Consider this. What would you use to clean a brush after painting bitumastic paint, white spirit or tardis/other tar spot remover?

Tar is bitumen.

Dec06valetlampoil.jpg

Tyres look dry... Use a little lamp oil to dress them ;)

I'm sure it works great for you, but when I'm working a paintbrush doesn't have a £100k+ price tag. So my customers car deserve a dedicated product that works well and safely every time.

Detailed - do I need to wax after using Tardis?

Thanks

moff

Hi, wash the car, the spray tardis onto the surface while its wet. Leave the tardis for 15 seconds and wipe effected area with a wet microfibre. Then re wash, dry and continue with your normal routine. I.e. pre wax cleaner (hand polish) then protect the car with your choice of lsp I.e. wax, sealant etc :)

Cheers Mike

tar remover will do the job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom