The Queen's arrival at common wealth games..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rashman

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK
Man, was that Bentley on hydraulics or do you reckon they were sampling abit of hippie hop as they rolled in?!

That Bentley was literally rockin' ! :rock:

lol

LOL....... Just said exactly the same thing to my wife !!......WAAAY to soft to handle decently but perfect for 'wafting' around in !

Suspended floor to the stadium

Yeah, I considered the same.
I saw the brief report about the construction of the stadium when they showed the methods they used to construct it.

The Bentley is surely a heavy old unit but I can't imagine there's that much play in the surface. :dk:

Rashman said:
Yeah, I considered the same. I saw the brief report about the construction of the stadium when they showed the methods they used to construct it. The Bentley is surely a heavy old unit but I can't imagine there's that much play in the surface. :dk:

Maybe wrong but I would expect her car to be armoured so seriously heavy

Yeah, I considered the same.
I saw the brief report about the construction of the stadium when they showed the methods they used to construct it.

The Bentley is surely a heavy old unit but I can't imagine there's that much play in the surface. :dk:

Perhaps the organisers didn't realise about the "give" either

Absolutely.
But it didn't seem to explain the nature of the wobbling across the axles. :dk:

I would assume floor was effectively undulating slightly as the car passed over it - basically the axles were going down and up as the weight of the car caused the floor to lower between the supports. If the vehicle moved on its suspension due to this there may well have been an additional effect on the floor.

I would assume floor was effectively undulating slightly as the car passed over it - basically the axles were going down and up as the weight of the car caused the floor to lower between the supports. If the vehicle moved on its suspension due to this there may well have been an additional effect on the floor.

Yeah, it looked like the Bentley's suspension was compensating as it moved - much like that Brabus SL was doing on the TopGear track as Stig did his lap.

Well the car was interesting.

And the Scottie dogs were cute.

As for the rest of it....

I thought it was said earlier that there was 17,000 tons on that floor so if it is moving there has been an error in design.

I thought it was said earlier that there was 17,000 tons on that floor so if it is moving there has been an error in design.

Well you stick a heavy load over a large bridge and it will flex as the load moves - but the bridge will be rated at a much higher overall load.

Man, was that Bentley on hydraulics or do you reckon they were sampling abit of hippie hop as they rolled in?!

That Bentley was literally rockin' ! :rock:

lol

I've seen that car up close in the metal ( at Balmoral a couple of years back ) and it is a truly impressive machine .

I think even you , Rashman , would be impressed by the finish on that particular machine :)

Maybe it needs a new ABC pump or struts ? ;)

I think the word used was "resonance" and its prevention.

Only one car on the Tacoma bridge when it collapsed due to wind getting it into its resonant frequency. ie how you break a wine glass by singing. An example given was some bridge with a squad of soldiers marching across and the resonance set up got the bridge swinging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom