There's always one.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Just one of those people to cause an issue from no where!

On the M25 yesterday in some really slow moving traffic, probably rolling along at 4-5mph. I'm in the outside lane as cars rolling along the slip road to my left. Cars indicating and filtering in, all is well.

Then Mr Nissan GT-R driver comes along. Now rather than indicate and wait for a gap to appear, he decides to just merge towards the side of my car, no indication just steers right. He only stops when he realises I'm actually there. Instead of just pausing, he decides to accelerate hard and try and shove me out of the way. :mad:

I'd understand his annoyance if I'd deliberately accelerated to close the gap (as many do!) on him but hand on heart I didn't, he just seemed to think that aiming at a car would force it to stop for him. :wall bash:

I will hold my hands up and admit, I saw red. No idea why he had to be so aggressive let alone think he can just shove me out of the way. So I drove up to his right and carried on. Albeit not as aggressively as he did to me but indicative of not just being barged aside.

As much as I'm sure he lost his nerve because of my sheer masculinity oozing from my old E320 but I suspect it was more the trade plates in the window and him not wanting to risk someone else's car!!

So whoever ends up owning a black GT-R with SO16 SOU let's hope it doesn't get pranged in the mean time.

trade plate drivers don't normally come across cars like that, he probably thinks he's a driving god now

trade plate drivers don't normally come across cars like that, he probably thinks he's a driving god now

You could be right mate. It's almost like he reacted aggressively and then realised he wasn't in his own car and then backed off completely. :doh:

Don't you ruin that car Mate.. otherwise I'll be forced to....
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Crush a Daisey lols!

P.S I get this all the time in the bus and its so frustrating.. especially when I've to "Ensure customer's safety"...cheers! :thumb:

Circa 1994, a family friend had put his company Cosworth in for servicing that day, so went to work on his recently acquired Fireblade.

He was somewhat surprised to find himself having a dust up with it at considerable speed on the way home (certainly well into ban territory), but nowhere near as surprised as the chap from the dealership delivering it when he turned down the driveway to find said Fireblade (and owner) waiting for him.

Cue considerable egg on face and much grovelling from the dealer principal.

That reminds me of a chap on an RS Megane forum who spotted a car being hammered through his local town. Overtaking cars dangerously and driving really badly. Turned out to be his car he'd put in for a service at the local dealership!

I can only imagine how I'd feel if it was my car.

Managed to upload the video of the incident from my dashcam.

https://youtu.be/RMTgSA4TY98

As you'll see in the video, I assumed the Accord was planning to merge across so held back and he then accelerated further down the lane. GT-R man just decides to merge across. With the lack of indication it didn't quick click that he would just aim at the front wing.

I'll put my hands up and say I could have not responded and just stayed behind him, but well I don't like bullies! haha

This sort of thing happens many times in merging situations like that in slow traffic; why bother to post it? Neither of you comes out of it with any credit, or any discredit; it was a non-incident.

This sort of thing happens many times in merging situations like that in slow traffic; why bother to post it? Neither of you comes out of it with any credit, or any discredit; it was a non-incident.

I don't appreciate being barged out of the way by other drivers and it was unnecessarily aggressive on what was a generally smooth, if slow drive.

I also fail to see how the GT-R doesn't discredit himself though. He nearly merges into the side of a car whilst crossing a give way point, then accelerates hard to push that car (me in this case) aside. But hey if you think that's good driving. :dk:

I suppose I posted such a 'nonevent' with the same mentality you took time out of your day to comment on a 'nonevent'. I bothered to post it because this is a car forum and this is a section about driving incidents. :rolleyes:

He 'accelerated hard' - well, not all that hard, given the speed of the traffic - and you 'accelerated hard' (same caveat) and swerved round him to stop him getting in. Honours even, wouldn't you say?

Still a non-incident, though. If everybody posted every minor occurrence they happened to record on their dashcam, we'd be inundated... Fortunately, most don't bother ;)

What would good driving look like in this situation?

The motorway is at saturation, and the cars at left need to feed into the left lane of the motorway. In an ideal world, the stream in the slip lane and the stream in the left lane would "zip" (one from left, one from right, alternately, like the teeth on a closing zip).

That wasn't happening, so the Nissan needed to spot a gap, when someone seemed to be allowing them in. The video shoes that gap being left ... and then peevishly closed up.

Yes, I've done that, too. But I wouldn't publish the video!

I am afraid I would have just let him in, albeit possibly mouthing a few expletives within the confines of my car. This sort of thing happens regularly on my way home over the Tees flyover and it just isn't worth getting too het up about. Best just to take the moral high ground and let him in.

He 'accelerated hard' - well, not all that hard, given the speed of the traffic - and you 'accelerated hard' (same caveat) and swerved round him to stop him getting in. Honours even, wouldn't you say?

If you've ever heard a GT-R (I'm sure you have), you know full well the guy put his foot down. They let out somewhat of a bellow when they gun it!

What would good driving look like in this situation?

The motorway is at saturation, and the cars at left need to feed into the left lane of the motorway. In an ideal world, the stream in the slip lane and the stream in the left lane would "zip" (one from left, one from right, alternately, like the teeth on a closing zip).

I agree, I would gladly let cars merge in from the left I'm all for aiding traffic flow. The traffic was slow moving and what you may not see so clearly from the video was the Honda indicating and a perfect gap. Which I was anticipating, he then decided to accelerate to the end of the slip lane and merge at the end. I am fully aware of the idea of merging in turn, many people don't seem to be.

Meanwhile GT-R man just starts merging towards the side of my car. When he spots me, he decides rather than wait and give way as the road markings indicate, he thought that accelerating hard and barging me aside was a preferred response.

Ok, so I responded to his driving (my failing/refusal to be bullied). The guy drove like a pig and drove aggressively when I'd not actually done anything wrong.

The first point from the Highway Code when joining a motorway is to give way to traffic already on the motorway. No where does it state that you don't indicate, merge towards the side of a car expecting it to stop, if it doesn't realise you're edging closer you then push it out of your way because hey, you're more important right! :doh:

In reality my original point was, this guy is an aggressive driver, I wonder if he suddenly calmed down when realising the car wasn't his hence the trade plates in the front window. :dk:

You ask, what would have been good driving in this situation?

Perhaps GT-R man understanding who's priority it is when joining a motorway? Perhaps him actually merging into a gap rather than space occupied by another car? Perhaps upon realising he was steering towards another car, he pauses and merges in behind? Perhaps him indicating? That would have been significantly better driving on his part.

On my part, well I suppose I could have not reacted to his aggression at all.

Last edited:
Well after watching the video a few times I have come to a conclusion

The next MB I buy is going to have a stand up bonnet star lol

The one thing I wish mine had.

Well after watching the video a few times I have come to a conclusion

The next MB I buy is going to have a stand up bonnet star lol

The one thing I wish mine had.

Hahaha it's like driving around with crosshairs in your eye line.

Sadly the first owner of my E Class didn't spec the machine guns in the headlights option. Mimimises dog fighting between Fritz and the Japs! ;

Last edited:
Looks like the Honda wanted to get in front of the caravan so the Nissan prepared to merge in turn behind it, until the gap closed and things got nasty...

Drive a bus Alex... then you'll know all about it, trust me it takes masses of O2 gulping in and "Sighing" at these w4nkers that "bully" their way in, in front of you.. trust me I know.. and "Driver Beware" new buses are now fitted with CCTV and can be used to prosecute.. Believe me ask me how I know??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom