Thinking of buying this E63 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisCLS55

Car
Mercedes E63
2014 Mercedes-Benz E Class E63 Amg £36,995

I've seen it in the flesh and its immaculate, looks brand new. Dealer said it has had 3 owners, with Merc being one of them. I'm unsure on the spec, however. How do I get a full spec sheet and find out what extras were purchased when the car was ordered from the factory? The reg is: WF14HZS

I've just started looking at E63 Estates so don't know much about their prices for this type of year or what kind of spec to look for so any help or advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ask the dealer for the OASIS report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the spec as per EPC
Identification number: WDD2122742A993770 X
Chassis
Sales designation: E 63 AMG
Order number: 0 3 537 81889
Delivery date: 08 03 2014
Paint code 1: 799U DIAMOND WHITE - METALLIC PAINT
Equipment: 861A LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE - BLACK/ANTHRACITE
Engine no.: 157981 60 043242
Transmission: 722931 05 506498
Major assembly variant: A 157 010 50 00
SA code
054 YOM 13/2
06A OIL OFFSET AMOUNT +600 ML OIL
108 CONTROL CODE MARKETING
1U2 SNOW GRID
205B OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - ENGLISH
211 EPS STEERING (ELECTRIC STEERING)
235 ACTIVE PARK ASSIST
249 INSIDE AND OUTSIDE MIRROR AUTOMATIC DIMMING
255B MB MOBILO WITH DSB AND GGD
258 COLLIS.WARN. SYS. W/ ACTIVE BRAKE INTERV. FCW STOP
275 MEMORY PACKAGE (DRIVER SEAT, STRG. COL., MIRROR)
279 ELECTRONIC GEAR RANGE SELECTION
281 AMG PERFORMANCE STEERING WHEEL
283B AIRBAGLABLE - ENGLISH
287 THROUGH-LOADING FEATURE
291 PELVIS AIRBAG (PELVISBAG)
294 KNEE AIRBAG
309 CUP HOLDER
335B INSTRUMENT CLUSTER/HU LANGUAGE - ENGLISH
347 EMERGENCY CALL SYSTEM ECALL EUROPE
35A VGS D4-0, D3 PATTERN
413 PANORAMIC SLIDING SUNROOF/GLASS SUNROOF
427 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 7-SPEED
461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
475 TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR (TPM) HIGH LINE/MID LINE
488 CHASSIS WITH STEEL/AIR SUSPENSION
4U4 RADIATOR GRILLE WITH CENTER STAR
502 3 YEARS OF MAP UPDATES FREE OF CHARGE
518 UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATIONS INTERFACE (UCI)
51U BLACK FABRIC ROOF INTERIOR TRIM
527 COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION
537 DIGITAL RADIO STANDARD DAB (DIGI. AUDIO BROADC.)
537L GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
551 ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM
581 AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
5XXL EUROPE
628 AUTOMATIC HIGH BEAM SWITCH PLUS (IHC+)
641 DYNAMIC LED HEADLAMPS, LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
666 PRODUCT PROT.F.TRANSPORT VEH. W/O TIE-DOWN HOOKS
669 SPARE WHEEL / FOLDING WHEEL
670 RESIDUAL ENGINE HEAT UTILIZATION (MRA)
752 AMG 19" SPOKED WHEELS WITH MIXED TIRES
772 AMG STYLING PACKAGE-FRONT SPOILER, SIDE SKIRT
799U DIAMOND WHITE - METALLIC PAINT
804 YOM 13/1
810 PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM
810A LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE
817 SIREN BRACKET FOR INCREASED THEFT PROTECTION
840 DARK TINTED GLASS
861A LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE - BLACK/ANTHRACITE
871 SENSORS FOR TRUNK LID OPENING/CLOSING
873 SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
875 HEATED SCREEN WASH SYSTEM
882 INTERIOR SAFEGUARD
885 HIGHTEN THEFT PROTECTION
889 KEYLESS - GO
89V SPEED- + LOADINDEX ZR19 XL+ZR19 XL
915 FUEL TANK WITH GREATER CAPACITY - VOLUME 2
927 EURO 6 TECHNOLOGY EXHAUST GAS CLEANING
954 EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR AVANTGARDE VEHICLES
968 COC PAPER EURO6 TECH. W/O REGISTRATION CERT.PART 2
989 IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
A15 I-VALVE BODY ASSEMBLY WITH VGS4 AND FBS4
A20 DIRECT START
A21 SHIFT BY WIRE
A89 REDUCED-FRICTION
B03 DIRECT START / ECO START/STOP FUNCTION
B06 BRAKE CALIPERS PAINTED SILVER
B08 ELECTRONIC HORN
B12 WHEEL REPLACEMENT TOOL
B54 MBCONNECT - REAL-TIME TRAFFIC DATA
D5B No code designation available
F212 MODEL SERIES 212
FS COMBI - VEHICLE
G931 TRANSMISSION CODE VERSION 31
GV AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION REINFORCED
HA REAR AXLE
J5A DSM: STAR1 FBS4 UPDATE
J81 JUNE RELEASE
K11 ADAPTIVE STOP LIGHT FLASHING
K14 STEUERCODE FUER SERVICEINTERVALL 20000 KM
M157 V8 GASOLINE ENGINE M157 - AMG
M55 CAPACITY 5,5 LITRE
P54 THEFT PROTECTION PACKAGE
R RIGHT-HAND STEERING
R01 SUMMER TIRES
U01 REAR BELT STATUS INDICATION
U09
U18 AUTOMATIC CHILD SEAT RECOGNITATION (AKSE)
U26 FLOOR MATS - AMG
U72 DVD PLAYER WITH REGIONAL CODE 2, EUROPE, JAPAN
VL FRONT AXLE HALF, LEFT
VR FRONT AXLE HALF, RIGHT
Other
EU approval date: 20131114
EU approval number: e1*2007/46*0200*19

They are very nice cars, looking on auto trader there are a few available for similar or cheaper money.
The one below looks fantastic for £3k less, with 18 months transferable warranty too.
No link with the sale btw.

media

Thanks markmifsud, I don't know how you guys get these specs. Again really appreicated. It doesn't look well specced going off that. No reversing camera or dynamic seats, but like I said it doesn't have a mark on it inside or out.

CJD I've looked at that one online, love the color and while white stands out more, I imagine its harder to keep clean.

What if any are known issues with these engine wise? I'm hooked on AMGs and would love a 4-matic E63 estate, but they are way out of my price range. I've looked at some saloons, but an estate ticks the boxes with two growing boys who love nothing better than to ride their bikes, scooters etc. so a big boot is essential.

I've also looked at the C63s in estate format, but that daft iPad looking thing puts me off.

Pretty much standard spec - not that that’s bad but there’s probably similar with more in on similar money

What if any are known issues with these engine wise?

Timing chain rattle is the main thing with the M157, particularly on a cold start. The oil drains away and takes a few seconds to get back up to pressure again, rattling away while the pressure gets back in the tensioners. It's a documented fault, repaired by fitting a non return valve into an existing hole in the head, and should be covered under any warranty. Apart from this they're a good engine and pretty reliable.

I had mine done just before I sold it and, whilst it was out of warranty I managed to get an 80% "goodwill" contribution from Mercedes.

Cheers fellas for the info and advice, I've found an 18k saloon with the kind of spec I want at that price range with 2 years AMG warranty from an MB dealer. Will the E-class saloon boot be bigger than my CLS boot which is quite big for a 4 seater? Although I can fit the kids' bikes in, I have to loosen the handlebars which isn't a biggy to be honest.

I do love estates, I used to love my Saab 9-3 sportwagon and my 9-5 estate which you could fit a sofa in.

As a petrol head I've been looking at all kinds of cars recently as I've had my CLS 4 years almost next month and its time for a new to me car. I've looked at a BM X5 with seven seats and lots of tech and I've lusted after a Maserati GT for years now. I don't think I could quite afford running costs, however. That and the cabin looks dated and I'm fussy when it comes to the cab of a car.

I've even been looking at classic cars.

Sometimes I just wish I wasn't so into cars. I've spoiled myself with my CLS because I like the sound of a V8 and all that power on tap.

I can kind of compromise on this one though as the wife has a 7 seater X-Trail and I own a 7 seater crew cab luton van which I've used in the past to take us all out on our bikes. Nightmare for parking though! The boys love it though, they thinks its cool being so high up with all that room.

Loved my estate, it never felt overly large but it sure could swallow every case and box we wanted to take away with us on holiday. I think the exhaust sound was enhanced by the rear (estate) volume. The standard dynamic LED lighting system has set the bar for every car I own from now on. The ride was very good compared to the C63 estate. The only fault worth a mention is the height of the front valance and parking, otherwise I would certainly have another.

Not that makes any difference. In comfort mode, which I used 95% of the time, the valance sits just that bit too low. Looks the dogs but makes you barking mad trying to avoid going up and over a curb.

Now, not much use if your set on an E63 but the Panamera sits slightly higher and can be raised further plus has a front view camera that comes on with the sensors when front parking

As per my earlier post, the E63 is an assume car which I would own again no questions. Don’t let the saloon tempt you if you were concidering the estate. You won’t notice the extra size, I was even told by Merc that the estates are favoured by the drivers on the track at Mercedes World.

This is the car in question, anyone dealt with Stratsone before? Used Mercedes-Benz E Class Saloon Petrol in Diamond White Metallic from Mercedes-Benz Of Glasgow - 89028 They claim the following:

"Price Guarantee * – If you can find the same used car or motorcycle for less within 5 days Stratstone will pay the difference! We check our prices daily."

Well today I've put a deposit down on this very car, it has huge spec and the 2 year warranty is a clincher. I would have ideally preferred an estate version, but I can live without one. I'll be trading in my CLS55 which I will be hugely sad to see go as it has been a dream and a joy to own and drive. Its looking like Monday or Tuesday to collect. They have thrown in free alloy wheel insurance protection, a full tank of fuel and will pay my expenses, fule and food, to get there. Any motorway service stations on the way to Glasgow that serve lobster, caviar and champagne please let me know...

It’s a lovely car with a great spec. I’m sure you will love it, and with the other vehicles at your disposal I think you will cope ok without the estate. Hope your trip and collection go smoothly.

Thanks CJD, I can't wait tbh. Its my first almost new car for me. The wife seems OK with it as well, although she still thinks I'm daft. I work hard enough though and I've been looking at the E class for a long time. I'm not sure on white, but the spec, mileage, power, everything about it really, made me want it. I'll sure to post up some pics and hopefully be able to provide help and advice to others about this car long into my ownership on here. I plan to keep it for 4 years which is how long I had the CLS for and hopefully one day get an E-class 63 4-matic estate because I love the tech and cab. I'll wait until the warranty runs out before looking at mods. I'll probably only get an Quaife LSD as 550BHP is more than enough.

Quick question for anyone in the know, will a ghost anti-theft thing and a Quaife LSD invalidate an MB AMG warranty?

i am jelous of your excitement :p i was torn between e class and cls class, both estates, but decided a little smaller boot space in cls will greatly compensate with its style, but this was "only" v6 diesel. would love to be in positionto afford it as 63 option. i bet you going to love it to the bits, and we all are awaiting pictures to share with us and some first impressions.
good luck with your trip to collect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom