Thinking of selling my W124 300DT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

300DT

Car
W124 300DT
I'm thinking of selling my 300DT and wanted some opinion as to what the price should be?
Good bits are that she is a two owner car with 113,000 miles. She has the 7 seat option, cruise control, black cloth with heated electric front seats (drivers is orthopaedic), electric tilt and slide sunroof. We've done the lower ball joints, glow plugs, engine mounts and fuel seals from the pump to the injectors, V belt the belt tensioner damper. Conti's all round (3 new 1000 miles ago).
Bad bits are the drivers side bolster and the near side front wing.

Other than that she's been great to drive and I've done 10k in the last 10 months.
My wife finds it too big and isn't comfortable parking it so she might have to go.

Prices seem to be all over the place so does anyone have any suggestions at where I should pitch it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 69
dealers look for 2-3k, normal sales are going form 750 - 2k i guess

but is really on the buyer if he is willing to pay top end.

If the picture is representative of the whole car condition and it is sorted, then go for a high price, it is a well specced W124 300D estate with low mileage and in good condition.

If the picture is representative of the whole car condition and it is sorted, then go for a high price, it is a well specced W124 300D estate with low mileage and in good condition.

That picture was taken yesterday, I'll add a few more.
She's not concourse as she has the odd car park wound but she's totally original and it wouldn't take a great deal of cosmetic TLC to make her outstanding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 57
Here's one of the interior

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 72
And the mileage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 44
I've seen much higher mileage cars going for around £4.5k and some mint ones going for silly money.
I was thinking around £3k but if that's being too optimistic I'll have to have a rethink.

u can advertise it for 3k and listen to offers, ebay for example classified + offers

Go for 3K plus. You will get it, even if you have to wait a bit.

Did you sell this merc or have you still got it??

That's a good S124 but I'd fix the wing and the bolster as it will be easier to sell
You can even ask for more money then and I'm sure you'll get it

wowtimmo said:
Did you sell this merc or have you still got it??
No I haven't advertised it yet as I've had a really busy spell at work.

d w124 said:
That's a good S124 but I'd fix the wing and the bolster as it will be easier to sell You can even ask for more money then and I'm sure you'll get it
I'm considering doing just that as good cosmetics will help I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom