Thinking of upgrading to Android 6.0 head unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rawhide

Car
2 x 2004 S211 320 CDI
I'm thinking of upgrading my command 20 head unit to an Android head unit. I'd like the 'best' unit out there. I really want as little lag as possible and good bluetooth calling and audio streaming. I want it to look as OEM as possible right down to the buttons and illumination if possible.

I'm also hoping it's plug and play. i don't mind running wiring around the car but don't want to splice cables or have to create custom looms or suchlike.

I'm thinking of the unit below which looks decent value but I'd welcome feedback or other options I could consider? I'm thinking after having added bluetooth to my system for not much more I'd have a lot of extra functionality.

I know I will lose my Nav in the dashboard OBC but I'm hoping every other function will still work? Is this realistic to expect that?

I also see there is an optional fibre decoder. Is that for the harmon kardon premium audio which I don't think my e55 w211 has?

any feedback welcome. Thanks

http://xtrons.co.uk/pb76m211ap-7-hd...-dvd-player-custom-fit-for-mercedes-benz.html

Last edited:
I'm thinking of upgrading my command 20 head unit to an Android head unit...

1. Did you mean to say Audio 20?

2. I am sure there are some decent Android units to be had, the issue is that there's also a lot of unreliable cr@p out there (overheating is a typical source of problems), the difficulty is in finding a reliable make.

1. Did you mean to say Audio 20?

2. I am sure there are some decent Android units to be had, the issue is that there's also a lot of unreliable cr@p out there (overheating is a typical source of problems), the difficulty is in finding a reliable make.
Yes - sorry audio 20. The larger screen model. I'm not too familiar with the details.

I've not read about overheating but will research it some more. A lot of comments are from many years ago and a lot could have improved since then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom