This is Sad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
275C4FCF00000578-3029597-Pulled_over_The_Mercedes_that_Scott_was_driving_when_he_was_stop-a-10_1428496520606.jpg

As any W124 owner will tell you the car has a tendency to lose connection to its rear light bulbs. While thankfully in the UK this is normally a trivial matter it may result in you being pulled over by the police and given a warning . However if you are a black man in North Charleston they may just shoot you instead. :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ting-ran-away-saying-did-felt-threatened.html

Very sad indeed.

And the fact that each one of us now carries a professional video recorder in the pocket... changes a lot of things.

As do dashcam and Go Pro....

10 years ago there would have been no way of bringing a successful prosecution against the so-called 'killer cops'.

Do they have the death penalty in Carolina?
I hope the policeman concerned is punished severely. Shooting an unarmed man, running away, in the back, has to be one of the most cowardly acts possible.
As said, very sad.

Probably the Taste Police enforcing an edict of summary execution for people with inappropriate wheels on their W124s.

cop put the tazer next to the dead body just to cover his own butt, i saw this on the news.
he must be a dirty cop.

And then dropping the taser next to the corpse to frame the victim.

Without that footage, yet another Cop would walk free.

Full footage of it on Youtube

Disgusting.

Last edited:
cop with lack of good and professional judgement is a loose cannon, he had the wrong job!
he will regret this if he's sentenced to life or put on death row.
he'll get shanked by other inmates.

cop with lack of good and professional judgement is a loose cannon, he had the wrong job!
he will regret this if he's sentenced to life or put on death row.
he'll get shanked by other inmates.

I bet he walks

Charged with murder, so I hope he doesn't walk free.

I hope he gets the same sentence he'd get if it was a pretty young white girl he shot.

if there is not a just outcome in this case the growing civil unrest in parts of the USA will have more fuel to feed on.

^^agreed^^ from the video footage there seems no way that he will walk free!

Maybe he'll be put in the general population in prison with all the other nasty criminals who may want to seek revenge.

cops are sometimes above the law, they get away with anything.
if this killa kop gets a life sentence, he'll get shanked 8 times in the back by other inmates.
yeah I know, I watched one too many prison flix. :cool::cool:

Last edited:
Charged with murder, so I hope he doesn't walk free.

I hope he gets the same sentence he'd get if it was a pretty young white girl he shot.

I don't think this is race-related (though sadly I have no doubt that this is how it will played in the States).

The cop's partner is a black police officer. And even though he did not do anything wrong, he does not seem too bothered either - he makes no attempt to assist or resuscitate the victim, in fact both the white killer cop and his black partner appear to be equally indifferent.

I doubt that a white man (or woman) would be any safer at the hands of this particular police officer.

A Second Degree Murder charge seems very appropriate.

I don't think this is race-related (though sadly I have no doubt that this is how it will played in the States).
The cop's partner is a black police officer. And even though he did not do anything wrong, he does not seem too bothered either - he makes no attempt to assist or resuscitate the victim, in fact both the white killer cop and his black partner appear to be equally indifferent.

Gap remains in video record of fatal SC police shooting

The damming facts remain that after the incident the police officer reported

1. the man had stolen his taser=untrue [ he planted the device on the suspect]
and

2.that resusitation of the victim was attempted=untrue

This indicates any testimony the officer may give concerning what happened has to be viewed in that light.

Racial prejudice takes many forms - some of them quite subtle- this doesn't mean the guy was closet member of the Klu Klux Klan-and hates black people - it just means treating black suspects differently from white suspects. In this case it may simply be a moment's decision between letting the guy run away and opening fire.
vis a vis the other black officer - what was he doing when his white colleage was in pursuit and attempted apprehension of a potentially "dangerous " suspect?
As they say in the movies- "where was the backup?" that might have prevented this tragedy?

Was the black officer not a late arrival back-up? Different car? Maybe took on face value what the white officer told him had happened although he is implicated by witnessing the dropping of the taser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom