This will either be a source of great pleasure...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That looks brilliant, especially the carbon bits. I now want those on mine, but will have to dream unfortunately. :(

I still think that black is the best colour but as an obsessive cleaner I couldn't live with it for long.

Enjoy it Phil, and keep it nice and shiny. :)

Brilliant stuff congrats. Now the exercise in self-restraint starts. Good luck with that one! :)

K

Congratulations on the new motor, that is stunning. Well done, I love the pre facelift E63 too, lovely car and a great spec too.

Wow, what a beauty!!! And that front, so much nicer than the facelift! :)

Thanks all for the kind words.

Now the exercise in self-restraint starts. Good luck with that one! :)
Haha!!! I know what you mean :)

interior pics please :)
If the drizzle ever stop and it brightens up I'll shoot a few pics of the interior :thumb:

Wow, what a beauty!!! And that front, so much nicer than the facelift! :)
To my eyes the facelift E63 front looks too brash and shouty. In the pre-facelift guise the E63 front looks slightly more aggressive than the cooking cars, but it's still subtle. Real iron fist in a velvet glove stuff.

As you have said every option. They don't come around that often. I can see why you where so tempted. Enjoy.

Thanks Peter, it is an exceptionally well-spec'd car: that's one of the things that attracted me to it. At list prices the options add up to just over £24k :crazy:

I know that no one actually pays list price for the car or the options, but it still adds up to a tidy sum and unless you're a money-no-object person (that's me out, then!) you'd have to be at least a little unhinged to sign the cheque. It would make no real sense on a lease either as the lease company would most likely fully depreciate the options down over the term, which would add around £800 per month to the lease rate on a 2 year deal :eek:

All I can say is that I'm glad someone in MB UK decided to spec it the way they did :thumb:

To my eyes the facelift E63 front looks too brash and shouty.

LOVELY motor.

One of the last to look good, though; brash and shouty is the way cars in general are going. Still, so are the buyers...

Looks great Phil! Glad it's not me that has to keep it clean and shiny though!

Glad it's not me that has to keep it clean and shiny though!
With the heavy rain we had Sunday & Monday, and my commute to work being on rural A- and B-roads, the car is now filthy and looks like it's spent a week on a building site :doh:

If you don't want to spend a huge amount of time on cleaning it, may I suggest using Poorboys Black hole glaze (helps hide swirls) and then Finishkare hi temp sealant - both very easy to apply and thereafter cleaning is seriously easier.

I did a blue Bentley Continental R (my fun car) in an afternoon, including a lot of paint correction on the bonnet (ok someone else had cleaned it) and it looked the biz.

Anyway, key thing, enjoy your splendid car while you can!

If you don't want to spend a huge amount of time on cleaning it, may I suggest using Poorboys Black hole glaze (helps hide swirls) and then Finishkare hi temp sealant - both very easy to apply and thereafter cleaning is seriously easier.

I did a blue Bentley Continental R (my fun car) in an afternoon, including a lot of paint correction on the bonnet (ok someone else had cleaned it) and it looked the biz.

Anyway, key thing, enjoy your splendid car while you can!

Charles photo's of said Bentley :thumb:

Charles Morgan said:
If you don't want to spend a huge amount of time on cleaning it, may I suggest...
Thanks for the suggestions, Charles. I'll give them a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom