This'll make the detailer's hair stand on end.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
Just washed my car - starting with the wheels. Utterly filthy, black with dust, mud, poo, you name it. Cleaned the spilt veg oil off with Simoniz Alloy Cleaner (black bottle - seems to be an end of line product). OK so far?

Yeah - so I tried it on the spilt oil around the filler cap. Wow - got that all off in a minute. So I did the whole car! :eek:

Only left it on for a minute or three, but did a better job than anything else I have tried. Fiver a bottle. Looks all shiny. Thoroughly washed it off with a karcher jet wash, especially behind the side body trims which seem to hold muck.

I cleaned mine this afternoon, dodging the raindrops.

It has to be done - I can't drive a dirty car :devil:.

Just pulling yer leg. Its what some of the detailers do to compare the beading of waxes (I might be totally wrong, but that's what I think I remember seeing on a detail thread)

I washed mine earlier , and was lucky it started raining just before the end , so I didn't have to leather it off !! :thumb:

I washed mine earlier , and was lucky it started raining just before the end , so I didn't have to leather it off !! :thumb:

If you use rainwater to wash it, you don't need to leather it off anyway, it dries sparkling.

I once saw a chap had stopped and was washing his car in a layby in the pouring rain.

I used the hardest London water I could ...

If you use rainwater to wash it, you don't need to leather it off anyway, it dries sparkling.

Whilst we're away I wash our caravan in the rain. It not only saves leathering but it saves carrying water and throwing it high enough to do the top! ;)

I usually do it wearing my swimming shorts too. The neighbours must get concerned about their safety with the 'man washing his caravan wearing Speedos' next door :D

Last edited:
That's because their buckets were full of coal.

Not quite, it was in Lincolnshire... ;)
Yellow bellies don't normally like getting wet...

If it had been a Yorkshireman, he'd have got the old imperial leather and loofer out and been giving himself a good wesh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom