Thought I'd share the New Arrival

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
At 9am this morning, my lovely wife and I picked up her brand new 2009 SLK350. Here's a piccy taken in the rain ( :mad: ) at the dealer's just as she completed the handover:

2aec0a45.jpg

As you can probably see, fortunately the rain doesn't seem to have dampened her "fun day".

For those interested, it's Fire Opal Red and is pretty well spec'd: Sports Package with Black Nappa Leather (and red seatbelts, of course :) ), COMAND with Linguatronic & Media Interface (now comes with an SD card slot instead of the stupid PC-MCIA slot of last year), Bi-Xenon's, Direct Steering, 7G-Tronic Sports Transmission with Paddle Shift, Heated Memory Seats with Airscarf & Adjustable Lumbar Support, Automatic Climate Control, Parktronic, Mirror Package, Rain Sensing Wipers & Tyre pressure loss warning system.

So... She's out driving it and I'm sat here typing this as a form of light relief as I wade my way through the COMAND manual :rolleyes:

One very happy lady there! :D And so she should be, a beautiful car, great colour and good spec. :thumb:

That COMAND manual should give hours and hours of fun reading.... :wallbash:

So... She's out driving it and I'm sat here typing this as a form of light relief as I wade my way through the COMAND manual
rolleyes.gif

Women eh? Out all hours having fun whilst the men are stuck in slavin' over bloody manuals. It will change one day I tell you. One day, men will be treated as equals.

Great car though...

Well, great car, happy wife, what does the man need more?*

*Just kiddin' ;)

Wow, how we get to see some more pictures. Lovely car, and it suits red.

love the colour.....my SLK320 was black.....much prefer that red.

looks sensational .. and rare colour too

Hot hot hot, cars not bad either:D

Especially like the wheels, never noticed the aerial on the nearside rear before, tell the salesman to smile miserable git.

Lynall

Thanks for all the positive responses, guys :thumb:

The happy lady has been suffering a serious case of "buyer's remorse" since she ordered the car two weeks ago but that seems to have been totally overcome now that she's driven it and it's parked on the drive :D

The colour choice is totally hers. She started off by saying "No way am I having a sliver one", looked at the colour options and picked out the solid red. Then she saw a picture in one of the brochures of an SLK with black leather and the Sport Pack red seatbelts. "That looks great", she said, "I like that". So we looked at what was available from UK dealer stock and this car popped up in Sheffield. It's a new build - released from the factory late June - and although it had more options on it than we'd originally wanted, they're all good ones that add to the ownership experience (and the ownership cost :crazy: ).

I'll take more pics once it stops raining (assuming it ever does - was that an Ark I saw being built just down the road?) and post them up. It really does look very special even if I say so myself, and caused a real stir at the dealer's this morning - not least amongst the sales staff!
...tell the salesman to smile miserable git.
Don't worry, he did smile. Lots. It was just that he was standing in the rain while I took a couple of pics :D

A lady in red where have I heard that one before, be interested to see what your fuel consumption will be, my SLK350 averaged 17mpg over the 4 years I had it.

gary

...be interested to see what your fuel consumption will be, my SLK350 averaged 17mpg over the 4 years I had it.
Being the meticulous record-keeper sort of bloke I am, I have a spreadsheet set up already :cool:

I'll let you know what I find, but I fancy that my wife's feet are more dainty than yours ;) :D

Looks great and you'll enjoy the air scarf during the wonderful summer were having!

Looks great.

So what if you get 17mpg ? it looks great, will go well and put a smile on your face :) :)

Enjoy !

Lovely car mate,and you are still driving a 2.2 diesel

Congrats on the purchase, the SLK looks great in red.

Anyway enjoy the car!

Congrats Phil. lovely looking motor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom