Thoughts on Vettel ignoring team orders?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottk

Car
SLK 350 AMG body kit, exhaust and wheels
Should Vettel receive a 1 race ban for ignoring team orders? as suggested by John Watson.

Sometimes the comments on here beggar belief.

Why would his own team want to lose the chance of points in a future race?

Should Vettel receive a 1 race ban for ignoring team orders? as suggested by John Watson.

Since when did the FIA or F1 mandate that a driver should be punished for ignoring team orders?

He is a racing driver and triple world champion, that does not come without a focussed and dedicated approach. They are all risk takers driven to win, some rather better at it than others.

Watson was suggesting RB placed the ban...not the FIA...I think.:dk:

Nope. Nothing in the rules to merit the ban.

If there were to be sanctions then it would need to be internal from Red Bull. The financial losses that would happen if the team suspended him would be significant and the publicity would be dreadful.

Webber should boot Vettel in the ******** and warn him not to do it ever again. It's probably the only way the spoilt brat will learn ...

I also think that Red Bull would be terrified if Mark Webber announced he was 'considering' leaving Red Bull at the end of the season.

I think there would be a long line of potential suitors for his talent.

I remember a few years ago Ferrari had some trouble for letting Schumacher overtake I think it was Eddie Irvine. which was team orders.

So by holding places mercedes and Redbull were both told. This is just as bad as letting your team mate overtake. It's not proper racing.

I also think that Red Bull would be terrified if Mark Webber announced he was 'considering' leaving Red Bull at the end of the season.

I think there would be a long line of potential suitors for his talent.

I'm not so sure. Webber isn't getting any younger - he knows himself his only chance of winning the title is with Red Bull.

Vettel should be fined by RB - not much more you can do than that :dk:.

Abolish team orders. At the end of the day, it's a RACE. First across the line wins and gets the glory, what could be simpler?

I'm not so sure. Webber isn't getting any younger - he knows himself his only chance of winning the title is with Red Bull.

I've as much chance of winning the F1 Driver's Championship as Mark Webber has.

He is Red Bull's Massa. The useful patsy to the main driver.

Abolishing team orders is unenforceable.

Plus it is a team sport - always has been.

Abolish team orders.

Impossible.

Pit stops create the facility to change a driver's position on the track and the teams have used that in the past to exploit the rules.

Horner no longer in control, webber may as well leave as now as now Team Vettel. Schuy no2 in the making. He will is loosing credibility

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

From a punters perspective the the race was run true and fair with the best car winning

Whilst team orders have an importance with regard to ponts I watch f1to watch racing which includes the flag and consider this is far too early in the season to warrant team orders to be needed. Has webers time finally come? When all things are right he has shown he can do it.

A fine is meaningless. At the end of the day Vettel is much better than Webber and even if they were allowed to race I dont think Webber would have won. Webber is another Coulthard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom