Throttle Pedal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Can someone fish out a part number for a throttle pedal/sensor assembly from my 2005 e320 cdi wagon. VRM is WN 05 VAM

Cheers

A2105403681 should be the one mate

Febi do them, Part no: 100711
1703000104-M375.jpg

Hi Abs,

No, wouldn't trust a used as its a potentiometer - there's liable to be a wear track that makes response slower..you'll see what I mean when you fit new. Hella was exactly £100 notes..delivered.

Whats wrong with yours?

Just been through this exercise.. ended up with a Hella Part. The dealer part "should" be about £154 - that's what I was quoted..

Once fitted" Be Gentle with me".. as response is noticeable - more than before...

Hi Abs,

Just been through this exercise.. ended up with a Hella Part. The dealer part "should" be about £154 - that's what I was quoted..

Once fitted" Be Gentle with me".. as response is noticeable - more than before...

Hi mate :) what symptoms did you have? Car drives fine with normal acceleration, but if you floor it engine doesn’t respond as expected. Car becomes slow. Restart will resolve? Such a weird issue haha

You need to get the Codes read, Maybe MAP sensor or Airflow. I had change both on mine

You need to get the Codes read, Maybe MAP sensor or Airflow. I had change both on mine

Thanks mate I got a cheap £15 reader on amazon should be here today let’s see what it throws up :)

No codes showing on my cheap reader. Stuck now on what to do

Hi Abs,

No, wouldn't trust a used as its a potentiometer - there's liable to be a wear track that makes response slower..you'll see what I mean when you fit new. Hella was exactly £100 notes..delivered.

Whats wrong with yours?

what were the symptoms on yours bud?

No point in speculating/looking for parts until you 100% know what is causing the issues mate.

Bring it down to mine, ill get it on my STAR for you.

No point in speculating/looking for parts until you 100% know what is causing the issues mate.

Bring it down to mine, ill get it on my STAR for you.

Cheers mate, just asking around as apparently throttle pedal doesn’t show up on Star?

what were the symptoms on yours bud?

You are correct mate, it doesn't show up on STAR. instead its almost likened to LHM whereby you only have half throttle then nothing, it slowly gets there up to 70mph and I mean slllloooowwww...

What sparked mine off was the Turbo Actuator, I replaced it and it caused a spike in the turbo circuit so I inherited:

EGR Faulty
Turbo Actuator out with tolerances
Turbo Boost Sensor Void
And of course Potentiometer out with tolerances..

After working our way through the faults it was determined that the potentiometer was at fault.. MB Grangemouth quoted me £454 for the same part, so much for them and discount..
Stratstones in Hamilton wanted £154

The Autodoc (Boooooo..£100 delivered, had a bad experience with them in the past, this time it paid off) fitted and OMG we're oooooofffffff....Shhhhhhhhhhiiiitttt! Its fast again...

You are correct mate, it doesn't show up on STAR. instead its almost likened to LHM whereby you only have half throttle then nothing, it slowly gets there up to 70mph and I mean slllloooowwww...

What sparked mine off was the Turbo Actuator, I replaced it and it caused a spike in the turbo circuit so I inherited:

EGR Faulty
Turbo Boost Sensor Void

After working our way through the faults it was determined that the potentiometer was at fault.. MB Grangemouth quoted me £454 for the same part, so much for them and discount..

The Autodoc (Boooooo..£100 delivered, had a bad experience with them in the past, this time it paid off) fitted and OMG we're oooooofffffff....Shhhhhhhhhhiiiitttt! Its fast again...

Haha thanks mate. Sounds good will get that part ordered and see what happens

m2287 has been telling me this for ages lol, I should have listened to him before :wallbash: hahhaa

EGR Faulty
Turbo Boost Sensor Void

Hi mate

How did you get the hella one for £100? I can only see one for £127 HELLA Sensor, accelerator pedal position — item: 6PV 010 946-491. Buy now!

At £127+delivery may be better to get it off Mb? Used ones are going for £10 on eBay.. still not sure if that’s worth a go?

Cheers
Abs

Mine failed on my clk a couple of years ago.
It did leave a fault code for throttle pedal position sensor.
The symptoms on mine were if driving normally it was fine, if I floored it quickly it would instantly lose throttle response, would still drive but with very long delays to pedal input.
I got a genuine one from merc for under £140 but that was then.
Defo get it read properly before buying anything though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom