Time for new rear rubber - Continental Sport Contact 5 or 6?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rox10h

Car
2014 C63 Saloon
Evening all

i know this has been done a few times as the found on the search features but I'm looking for more up to date answers and to see what you guys have decided on out of the two choices.

my local and regular tyre shop can get both at the same price, so its basically down to personal preference. Before i 'assume' the 6 is better because its newer, i thought id ask for some of your opinions please! I couldn't fault the 5P's at all but in all fairness i don't know any different with the C63 yet as this is the first tyre change for me (2014 W204 Saloon for ref). The 5P's are still fitted up front so may need to bare this in mind if i go for 6's on the rear. I was thinking of trying Goodyear eagle F1's, on my R32 they were purely brilliant, but on a high powered rear wheel drive car the tyre choice is new to me.

thanks

Irfan

Just as a side note Michelin is out with the replacement tire for the MPSS called Michelin Pilot Sport 4S I presume that will be pretty good.

I put continental mo tyres on the back of my C63 have to say they where ok but did I slide around a bit and only lasted 3-4months (not smoking them up just normal driving)
Put Michelin pss in much bigger blocks on them instantly better grip and have been on there 8months now and still going strong
Must admit I did go Up a size on the back
Am fitting the Michelins to the front on Monday
They are a bit more money but worth it

SP6s

I put sport contact 6s on mine and they are brilliant! just recently came out top as best all-rounder in perf tyre test too.

I went from Conti 5P to 6. The only subjective differences I've noticed is that the 6 seems a little bit grippier and a little bit quieter. Treadwear seems marginally better than the 5P too (so far).

thanks guys.

car is done I'm picking it tomorrow as i was flat out today.. went for the 6's and had them at £182 all in (each of course!) which seems to be the cheapest by far on the net and thats just with my local trusty tyre place.

on a side note, i have my cousins M4 fort the weekend.. i will start a new thread for it! Bloody marvellous car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom