Tinted windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew1068

Car
c32o cdi
Anyone had experience tinting the windows? would like to get mine done and I suspect there are a few things to look out for??????
I shall probably have them done professionally and not try to do them myself, also thinking about a set of black rear lights any tips??????:rolleyes:

Why not just wear a pair of sunglasses and save some dosh.

The law is an ass. I would love my front windscreen and front windows done.

Safety and all that pish. Its over-rated

Anyone had experience tinting the windows? would like to get mine done and I suspect there are a few things to look out for??????
I shall probably have them done professionally and not try to do them myself, also thinking about a set of black rear lights any tips??????:rolleyes:

had tints in all of my cars, professionally done. I have dabbed on doing it myself but i'll tell you the trouble is not worth it.
I'm not too sure about general pricing, it costed me £200 for all my windows bar the windscreen.
there are two different types of tint they use, and then different companies/branches will use different brands. One with a UV lining that can reduce heat passing through and a lot more light from passing through which is relatively more expensive about £5-10 more each window. Or the cheaper one without the UV lining which is basically for show. The choice is yours, but i always chose the UV one over the normal tint.
Most places will now have a lifetime guarantee with their tints, I'd be on the safe side and go with a place who will give you this guarantee because there is always a risk of the rear windscreen demister ruining your rear tint at a later date. Or scratches from rolling your window up and down.

I've also found that not a lot of MB owners appreciate this sort of 'modification', so I wouldn't take many of these comments to heart.

A quick reply

Well thank-you for your reply´s they are very witty and some are funny! lol :thumb: Didnt realise I´d cause such a stir? any way thanks. I´ll probably get the ones that reduce the UV inside the car!as to the rear lights I´ll wait and see what else gets said here before I decide.
As for the sunglasses not a bad idea but I prefer the plastic bag idea:bannana:

If you tint darker than the law allows from the b post forward you can generally expect little support from here, because sensible people realise it's a dumb idea. Don't forget, the people you didn't see will be the innocents and you'll be the perp.

The bronze will also not be your friends.

And you want to spend your hard earned on it as well :dk:.

If you tint darker than the law allows from the b post forward you can generally expect little support from here, because sensible people realise it's a dumb idea. Don't forget, the people you didn't see will be the innocents and you'll be the perp.

The bronze will also not be your friends.

And you want to spend your hard earned on it as well :dk:.
Think the law is the same all over Europe and definately here in Germany, Thanks for the tip though!

Insurance can be invalid if you darken your fronts past the limit.

The law is an ass. I would love my front windscreen and front windows done.

Safety and all that pish. Its over-rated

Try wearing sunglasses at night.

You get the same effect.

You can see --ck all.

the rear lights are shoddy in my opinion. many have asked why i havent got 'smoked' rear lights yet.. well, I like my standard ones :( the smoked ones look awful. may even try fish for a set from an amg model where they are slightly darker..
but seeing as you're from germany, i bet most of the mbs there have smoked lights of some sort?

smoked headlights

the rear lights are shoddy in my opinion. many have asked why i havent got 'smoked' rear lights yet.. well, I like my standard ones :( the smoked ones look awful. may even try fish for a set from an amg model where they are slightly darker..
but seeing as you're from germany, i bet most of the mbs there have smoked lights of some sort?

There are a lot of mercs around with smoked rear lights it seems to be standard practice here yes! not sure if I can get " AMG " rear lights for my estate ?????:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom