Tinted windows?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lii88

Car
C63 S
Hi All,

I just joined as i just recently bought a c 63s. If im out of place or writing this in the wrong place let me know.

I was wondering where is the best place to get some tinted windows for the back, mainly in the london region, im sure you guys know better than google so just wanted to try my luck here.

very grateful for the help! (pic added for you AMG lovers)

Attachments

• IMG_2367.JPG
    IMG_2367.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 96
Give Execspec in Nottingham a shout...a bit of a distance but they do a top job and the owner is a AMG guy.
They also do some top quality security which may be of interest.

http://www.tintingwindows.co.uk

Based in Bromley. Used him on several (about 6 now) cars, tell him Jai recommended you.
Did my c63
463f950e13711d797502d19f0cf72f98.jpg

Anyone had trouble with front doors and police? The C63 above looks fantastic, but I would imagine might be an issue with being too dark.

Though I'm finding little things like that seem to not be an issue on more expensive cars. Try it on an old Fiesta/Saxo and probably more of a problem.

It's mediums smoke. I also had this on my a5 and CLS55 and had no issues touch wood as you can see the person through it. Probably looks darker in pics tbh. Also helps if you don't drive like a looney.
Tom also has a free removal service too lol. Cls below for reference
964b4997bd915d0fbf93a45cae8225e7.jpg

Anyone had trouble with front doors and police? The C63 above looks fantastic, but I would imagine might be an issue with being too dark.

Though I'm finding little things like that seem to not be an issue on more expensive cars. Try it on an old Fiesta/Saxo and probably more of a problem.

The Police around here carry a Tintman and often pull cars over but as you say, tends to be the Corsa/Saxo types

tintman.jpg

I'd love to, but I already have a loud (and soon to be much louder) exhaust, and no front number plate. I think it's going to attract more attention. But if I had to choose between no front number plate and tinted windows... might choose windows tbh.

I'd love to, but I already have a loud (and soon to be much louder) exhaust, and no front number plate. I think it's going to attract more attention. But if I had to choose between no front number plate and tinted windows... might choose windows tbh.

I have to ask Sam...why no front number plate?:D

I bought my E55 4 years ago and it came with the windows already tinted.
Never had a stop yet but there is always a first time. The MOT tester didn't make any comment either. But I intend to remove the front window tints before the darker evenings in October. They really are too dark at night.

DSCF0096_zpsngtdjdjx.jpg

I've used him to replace PPF on my front splitter. It's market rate but a genuine guy who does a great job and works with very high end vehicles.
Just give him a call and he can give you a quote over the phone.

I have to ask Sam...why no front number plate?:D

I bought my E55 4 years ago and it came with the windows already tinted.
Never had a stop yet but there is always a first time. The MOT tester didn't make any comment either. But I intend to remove the front window tints before the darker evenings in October. They really are too dark at night.

Well I bought it like that, and it looks so good without it, gets lots of compliments about how clean the front looks without it. The numberplate is in the dash/windscreen...

Your car looks great with tint. But yeah, I'd probably go a little lighter for the same reason.

smed08-albums-e55k-amg-picture10759-unwashed-but-great-light.jpg

Last edited:
Daft question how do I know if my fronts are tinted :eek:

IMG_9174_zpsr2fim0k5.jpg

Drop the window down a little and you should be able to see where the aftermarket tint stops a fraction from the edge of the glass.

Drop the window down a little and you should be able to see where the aftermarket tint stops a fraction from the edge of the glass.

Only cheap tints do that. Any good job should be seamless with the glass and make it look like it's been factory fitted .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom