Tis the season...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
I love the run-up to Christmas, especially the parties and drink-ups.

Mine kick off tonight with a few beers in Jamie's wine bar in the city (of London). Last year we ended up at Spearmint Rhinos so let's keep our fingers crossed.

What is everybody else up to?

I'm going around saying 'Bah, humbug!' and throwing orphans out into the snow. :D

Whatever I do it will never, ever involve a visit to Spearmint Rhino.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, we'll be going to the boat (husband, self and little dog in the large red lifejacket) where I shall be cooking full Christmas dinner in a small galley. Our only child will be in Dubai with his wife, so nothig is stopping us!

I'm cooking goose for the immediate family on Christmas Day. Boxing Day we are off to friends, kids and parents, and we'll play silly games like Dobble (AWESOME!!!), Newmarket and have fun.

Having family and friends round Xmas day.
Nice to see granddaughter opening presents.

Daughter no.1 home from Australia next Wednesday, daughter no. 3 home from London on 23rd. No.1's boyfriend arriving from Oz on 23rd...full-house for Christmas!!

Parents over from Australia, so we'll probably cook a goose then struggle to find things to entertain them.

We usually avoid this kind of thing by being away at Christmas.

Work in food retail so won't see much daylight for next two weeks, probably finish about 10pm Xmas eve and possibly back at 7am boxing day (because being open 16 hours a day in the run up obviously isn't enough and still people expect us to be open again). But I'm not bitter.

Capon on the day.

My company lunch tomorrow in the best restaurant in town and I'll pay the bill with pleasure, no one will go without.

Few beers in the afternoon of the 24th.

Good timing! Just back from company Xmas do in a small Belgian chateau, fancy buffet, murder mystery game.

Markjames said:
Work in food retail so won't see much daylight for next two weeks, probably finish about 10pm Xmas eve and possibly back at 7am boxing day (because being open 16 hours a day in the run up obviously isn't enough and still people expect us to be open again). But I'm not bitter.
My wife is f&b manager in a hotel so she must work on Christmas Day.

Just back from Copenhagen and still feeling the aftershocks of alcohol poisoning. [emoji40] Thursday night Xmas party was full on, with less than half the team making it in yesterday they definitely know how to party. Christmas beer (only made at his time) was very strong but went down easily. [emoji482]

We have 16 of my family here on Christmas Eve for the day and then the wife family on Xmas day. I have considered getting in staff otherwise I'm not going to see outside of the kitchen. M&S I think is going to get a Xmas bonus from me!! [emoji23]

I'm worried about Darrell, did he survive Spearmint Rhino's?

I'm worried about Darrell, did he survive Spearmint Rhino's?

Don't worry about him. If he's lucky he'll still be there. :D

Got Mrs Ants parents for Xmas morning breakfast. Then just Me, Mrs Ant & daughter for Xmas diner. 14 days and counting.

Traditional family christmas. Luckily I have a few small nieces and nephews who still believe in father christmas. Makes the whole thing so much more enjoyable to have children around.

On the above note. Who's kids are still believers?

Our 11 year old daughter still believes. We'll need to drop the bombshell next year sometime as she's off the secondary school next August.

It annoys me that most of our surrounding family think me & Mrs Ant are pathetic for not telling her sooner. What harm are we doing keeping the magic of Christmas alive as long as possible?

Capon on the day.

My company lunch tomorrow in the best restaurant in town and I'll pay the bill with pleasure, no one will go without.

Few beers in the afternoon of the 24th.

You're a one man band then?

Silly week for me...

I've somehow become the soundman for my daughters school (long story). This morning was dress rehearsal. Plays on Wednesday.... I've had to seek cover for Thursday as I'm in Birmingham for a client's Christmas do at the Conference Centre.. I've learn't not to drive on those....

And somehow need to do some work as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom