Title display on MP3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matt4444UK

I've got a 56-plate C-class with Comand APS. I've managed to burn MP3's onto a CD and they play perfectly from the changer. The Comand display shows the track name, but the CD name is blank. The dash display just shows 'Track 15' etc (no names). The CD has a directory for each album, then the tracks are in the directory. Is this directory structure right, or should I just put all the tracks in the root directory, as all the track info should be tagged to the track anyway?

I can't see how the Comand display will ever pick up multiple album titles from one CD. Other threads imply (I think!) that I should be able to see the album title, artist and track title on the comand and the track title on the dash.

By the way, I've used Windows Media Player and Nero 7, but achieved the same result.

Help! Any ideas? I'm running out of blank CD's.

after you have ripped the cd and just before you load it onto the disk ...... right click the album in media player and it should say "update album info" ...click that and see what happens .... it worked for me on my mp3 player ....album name and song title....shown

Last edited:
IFAIK the only way you will get MP3 tags displayed on COMAND is if you are using the iPod interface. Otherwise COMAND uses the MP3 file name (just like Explorer does on your PC) if you have Track1.mp3 you'll see 'Track1' on the display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom