TMC and aux inputs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clanny

Car
2004 E220 cdi
My 2004 w211 appears to have TMC in that I have a button marked TMC available from the map. The thing is though, the details it shows have never changed. Is this common? Is there something I need to do to get it to change or does it only work/update when using navigation I.e. following directions?

Secondly, when I press audio, I have radio, cd and aux buttons available. I haven't found what the aux input is. I was hoping it was an iPhone connection but there doesn't appear to be anything in the glovebox. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks.

Is this the full COMAND system, fitted as new from the factory? If you don't know, post your VIN and we can find out.

TMC was only enabled in later navigation DVDs: if you have the original 2004 disc in, then it's unlikely you have TMC available. I had disc version 5 (late 2005) in my car which gave rudimentary TMC. I've since upgraded to v10, which is much better.

When you press the TMC button while the unit is navigating, you should get a menu offering (from memory): messages on route, all messages, settings. I don't think I've ever pressed the button in map mode (not navigating): I'd guess it goes straight to showing all the problems it knows about nationally.

Your aux input should be a 3.5mm stereo jack line-in socket at the top of your glovebox, if your COMAND is factory-fit.

Hi Troon, thanks for the reply. It is a factory fitted (as far as I know) comand system. I tried last night to use the nav function and found that I could tell the tmc to use dynamic guidance etc. When I switched the nav off and went back to the map, the TMC details appeared to have changed slightly. Maybe it's just that the TMC only updates when the nav is being used? From memory, my nav dvd is 2009 but I'll need to go and check that. couldn't tell you what version it is.

As for the jack plug in my glovebox, came up blank there. Can't find one anywhere. Would the aux button be there if there wasn't an aux fitted? I'm wondering if someone had something fitted and removed it? Or could there be something like another disc changer in the boot or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom