To all C class owners and MB enthusiasts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Prabs.91

Car
Mercedes c220 AMG Sport Coupe
Hi all just recently joined the forum, took delivery of my new c220 amg sport coupe couple of weeks ago. Just wondering if there's anything I should know about the car, things to be careful of, cool features and just in general would be interested to know other people's experiences of
the car.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's responses

Prab

Hi prab, welcome to the club, I had my c220 sport plus saloon since December, lovely car, engine a bit noisy but get used to it. Enjoy.

Prabs.91 said:
Hi all just recently joined the forum, took delivery of my new c220 amg sport coupe couple of weeks ago. Just wondering if there's anything I should know about the car, things to be careful of, cool features and just in general would be interested to know other people's experiences of
the car.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's responses

Prab

Hi when you've got a couple of hours have a read through the 'New W204 C-Class owners discussion' thread further down under this category - there's lots of useful info in that thread. Welcome to the forum!

Prab

As an E2220 Sport Coupe, I would suggest this ...

If you are on a motorway that is a 50/60 mph zone and you are driving in 'E' Mode - pull your paddle to knock the box up a gear if it lets you.

It will sit at the right rev for acceleration in anticipation but you might be sitting in traffic 'just cruising ... kick it up into a longer gear :)

You'll notice quite a saving in fuel ;)

Then you can start playing around in 'S' mode or even Manual :D

Thanks for the responses guys, I didnt expect much of the engine in terms of performance but for a 2 litre diesel it's alot quicker than I anticipated, saying that I have just come from a 1.4 litre fiesta . On balance it's a lovely car could be a little more refined, but a realistic version of my dream car (c63 coupe) which at 21 I can't get insured on and if I could I'm sure the fuel costs would bankrupt me haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom