To the White Haired E55 Driver in the Chalfonts...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SMed08

Car
E55k AMG
What a 24 karat c*nt.

So I'm driving along the A413 Amersham Road today around midday, when I see a dark coloured fellow E55 behind me a way back. You start to get pretty close to me, which I thought was cool, you recognised another E55 and seemed a little playful. So I drop a gear and gap you about 10 car lengths. But there's now traffic ahead as we approach the double roundabout near Chalfont St Giles.

You then get close to me again. VERY close, way too close. I still give a thumbs up, as I still have respect for a fellow AMG driver. Not seen too many around here lately. Not sure if you thought I was flipping you off, because you obviously got triggered and got within inches of my bumper.

At this point I'm slowing as several cars are in front of me as we reach the double roundabout in the now 30mph zone. So you thought it would be good to try to overtake me in this single lane road, into oncoming traffic, with absolutely no gap/space ahead of you. Moron.

Immediately recognising your stupidity, I hit my brakes hard and pull to the left, leaving you JUST ENOUGH space to get ahead of me. I just saved your life because there was oncoming traffic on the other side you almost hit. You are welcome.

Oh but if only the story ended here...

So now traffic is rolling about 10 mph as the double roundabout is right ahead of us, with 3 cars in front of both of us on this single lane road. You now for some reason attempted to overtake all of those cars and blast through the roundabout. This did not go so well for you, or the little car you side-swiped travelling in the opposite direction. His sideview mirror exploded and rained plastic and glass onto all of our cars.

The little car obviously pulled over whilst you sped around everyone and drove off. You have now overtaken 4-5 cars, and it is impossible for me to try to safely catch up with you to write down your number plate. So well done. I did see you double back after about 5 minutes of driving, and I turned around to follow after you maybe getting your number plate this time. By the time we reached the original scene of the collision, that victim's car had already given up hope you'd return as it had been over 10 minutes by this point. So well done, you've now committed a hit and run.

Was depressing seeing your mirror dangling down the side of your door. Your poor AMG didn't deserve that either. Another victim.

I hope someone wrote down your plate number, there were certainly enough witnesses.

So if anyone knows an older man with white/grey hair that owns a dark grey/navy W211 Mercedes (I think it was an E55) in the Chiltern/Chalfont/Amersham/Bucks area, please do post up so this can be reported to the police.

And if you see this car with damage along the drivers side and/or a missing/dangling side view mirror, let us know.

You may find that that somebody else has already reported this to the Police and it may be worth you making a call as a witness. Sounds strange that he appears to have 'recognised' the error of his ways and returned to the scene of the actual incident. Maybe he is preparing his alibi that involves the other driver damaging his car before driving off.

After years of resistance..... I gave in last week and bought a front and rear facing evidence quality dash cam. I decided that it is now just to high a risk not to have one installed and working.

You may find that that somebody else has already reported this to the Police and it may be worth you making a call as a witness. Sounds strange that he appears to have 'recognised' the error of his ways and returned to the scene of the actual incident. Maybe he is preparing his alibi that involves the other driver damaging his car before driving off.

After years of resistance..... I gave in last week and bought a front and rear facing evidence quality dash cam. I decided that it is now just to high a risk not to have one installed and working.

Definitely, I've been out all day and only just got back. I'll get in touch.

E55BOF after getting back into the 55K Motor and feeling all excited about it?

I agree - contact the police and report what you saw - even a partial plate can be helpful with a less common car , and may be enough to trace him .

Also beware that he might allege you were racing him .

Also beware that he might allege you were racing him .

I tried to put space between myself and a driver too close to my bumper. Didn't actually speed as I'd slowed down for a bend and this was a 50-60mph road. I merely got to the speed limit quicker than him.

I tried to put space between myself and a driver too close to my bumper. Didn't actually speed as I'd slowed down for a bend and this was a 50-60mph road. I merely got to the speed limit quicker than him.

Seriously? You think that was the sensible thing to do? You did say you were, perhaps, up for a bit of fun.

"You start to get pretty close to me, which I thought was cool, you recognised another E55 and seemed a little playful. So I drop a gear and gap you about 10 car lengths".

And some dinosaurs question why everyone nowadays has dash cams...this!!!

I'm not sure I would want all my driving captured on film.

And some dinosaurs question why everyone nowadays has dash cams...this!!!

These sort of incidents are rare but definitely not new and not only occurring nowadays. And everyone doesn't have one. If you prefer to have one thats your entitlement.

I'm not sure I would want all my driving captured on film.
As much as my ego hates me to admit it, I agree.

Is dashcam footage admissible as evidence in a prosecution, or is it just circumstantial evidence? - It's an honest question because it's not like Police footage that is time and speed stamped.

Yes it is. If! It is time and date stamped and evidence quality (hd). Same as cctv etc.

Sent from my iPhone using sausage fingers.

Explain the grounds you have for this opinion.

None, as it turned out.

Seriously? You think that was the sensible thing to do? You did say you were, perhaps, up for a bit of fun.

"You start to get pretty close to me, which I thought was cool, you recognised another E55 and seemed a little playful. So I drop a gear and gap you about 10 car lengths".

Please take the "putting space" comment in the spirit in which it was intended. I've deliberately been just vague enough such that you have no idea what speed I was going. Trust me, I get what you're saying, but I'm also not an idiot.

Not accusing you of , or suggesting , anything .

Merely pointing out that if police speak to this other driver , he might try to deflect some blame in your direction by suggesting you were racing him ( which might have been his perception anyway - not that it excuses in any way what he did ) .

Yes it is. If! It is time and date stamped and evidence quality (hd). Same as cctv etc.
Interesting.

Does that also mean that "vigilante" dashcam users can implicate themselves by posting video showing themselves driving without due care and attention? - I suppose their number plate isn't visible so it's a low risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom