Toad Alarms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roj

Hi,

I've been gatting a few quotes to get a new Cat 1 alarm fitted to my 190. I got a good price of £245 fitted for a cat1 Toad alarm at a local approved place.

The thing is, I got a phone call, after a request, from GAP security. The guy there said that Toad alarms are a waste of time and " guarantee you'll have problems with it- we stopped using them 'cause they were that bad". He then went to recommend a Clifford Cat 1 at £695 fitted! :eek:

Has anyone ever had a Toad alarm before and had problems? Or is this guy just doing the old salesman trick of slagging off other's product?

An independant view would be nice, but most places only seem to do one or two makes. :rolleyes:

Ive had toad cat 1 alarms on 2 different cars - never had a problem.

currently have a "autowatch" system on my C180 - thats pretty good too

I had a Toad Ai600 CAT1 alarm on my VW Vento, never had any issues in the 6+ years that I had it, never even had to change the remote batteries!

All I really wanted at the time was; remote arm, auto-locking above 5 mph, total closure & open of windows & sunroof. I though I really wanted a Clifford Alarm for those features, but got talked out of it by a couple of friendly alarm installers suggesting against Clifford because of the cost.

I think they're taking the...

The Toad alarm provided many years of excellent service and was totally impressive, had all those features above back in 1998 (at far less cost than Clifford), the remote open & close of the sunroof was a neat party trick back then when I was at Uni :)

Had toad alarms on 2 of my old cars, not one problem with them.....

Toad Alarms Rock :bannana:

I've got about 6 vans fitted with toad alarms and have never had any problems with them whatsoever. :bannana:

Got Toad fitted to the Mondial... was highly recommended to me over the Clifford (even by the guy who fitted the alarm), been happy with it

I think you get the picture ;)

I fitted a Toad Cat2 myself and they are very well made. I had it for over 1 year and had no false alarms.

The guy is talking a load of bull and wants to sell you an expensive alarm.

Cheers peeps, thats settled it. I'll put the car in for the big frog ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom