Toilet seat advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It doesn't look very practical to sit on if youre chatting to the wife while she is having a bath. A nice unusual feature though.

It doesn't look very practical to sit on if youre chatting to the wife while she is having a bath. A nice unusual feature though.

You're right there, it actually hurts to sit on. Got a nice warm radiator bench to sit on though and a bath for 2+ :bannana:

Thanks Mark.

Interesting process. I'll research the method further after I few more simple ones.

Ant.

Our bath panel went the same way, caused by direct sunlight , I sprayed the panel with some white Plastikote rattle can which turned out very well.
Bathroom now completely refurbed with walk in full length shower :thumb:

Our bath panel went the same way, caused by direct sunlight , I sprayed the panel with some white Plastikote rattle can which turned out very well

Did the plastikote colour last or did it soon go thesame way?

Yes, I did 10 or more bathroom refurbs last year, most of them did away with the bath in favour of a large tray. Seems many people prefer showers nowadays.

Ant.

Did the plastikote colour last or did it soon go thesame way?

Yes, I did 10 or more bathroom refurbs last year, most of them did away with the bath in favour of a large tray. Seems many people prefer showers nowadays.

Ant.

Hi
It lasted a couple of years, forgot to mention also sprayed the handles on the bath as well

Hi
It lasted a couple of years, forgot to mention also sprayed the handles on the bath as well

Great stuff. Another option I'll consider. The rest of the bathroom is great. It's just that bl00dy seat. :(

Thanks a lot. :thumb:

I've been meaning to ask for a long time.

We have an Egg/pod style toilet in our main bathroom. The plastic seat has gone a really off white colour (see pic). It's only ever been cleaned with heavily diluted
Bathroom cleaner so not sure why it's gone this colour.

I've tried many times to source a replacement but so many differing shapes and sizes it's an impossibility.

The seat is a good quality one, really sturdy and soft closing. Can anyone advise of a solution to bring it back to life?

Plastic paint?
Powder coating?
Body shop spray paint of some kind?
Other?

Whatever I try it needs to work because I think I'll only get one chance at this. I don't want whatever I put on it to start flaking/pealing in the future as that will look worse than it is now.

TIA

ANT. :thumb:

Is it's official name the testicle-toilett?

Try Jiff (Ziff) works a treat on the whitewalls on my Pagoda

TBH, in 32 years of being a plumber I haven't ever seen this. Lots of windows and lights or not.

You have a very weird toilet seat.

TBH, in 32 years of being a plumber I haven't ever seen this. Lots of windows and lights or not.

You have a very weird toilet seat.

We have a similar issue with the bath panel , it must be something to do with the material that it is made from or its coloured coating. The bath is still pure white but its panel has started to discolour. Some of the plastic tile trim has went a similar colour but the UPVC trim is still white :dk:

20161230_194413_zpsblrs71vu.jpg

Kenny

Thanks for all the comments (including the comedy ones).

We'll have a go at cleaning first as we can experiment with different product on the underside of the lid.

Then I think I'll go down the wrapping route, at least this way we can get samples of all the different shades of white (to match toilet) or like John said got for a different colour all together to give a contrast.

Is it just me or does that toilet look like a big toe and the lid looks like the toe nail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom