Too big for a Z4 , now looking for CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mirras

Car
Range Rover TDV8
I've had a hankering for a Sunday car ever since I sold my SL, which was the car I most regret selling. I looked at BMW Z4s and sat in a few older ones and quite liked them.... until I tried to get in and out with the roof up !!!

So, as I'm too tall and fat to fit a Z4, after briefly looking at 3 series and Audi A4s I have turned my attention to a CLK convertible. The car will only be used on dry days for roadtrips and the likes. I am swaying between ultra-high miles pre facelift models and newer, rather more expensive, cars. I used to own a w211 which I took from delivery miles to 120k over 6 years and it wore the miles well, can the same be said for the w209? Any tales of woe or of blissful times with your CLK ?

I've budgeted £4.5k but that crept up quickly to £7k and back down again, there are a few cars out there in that price range which I will start to look at more seriously once work permits.

I got my CLK right bank in that price range and I absolutely love it. It turns heads all day long, and I moved from the 330 E46 Coupe, to the 318 2 litre lump, to the CLK 270 CDI, best decision I ever made.

Looks, power and economy all in one. The other day I took it for its first long drive since I bought it, and over a day and about two hundred miles, it averaged 51.1 mpg, for something with almost 200 bhp I am over the moon. Worth every single penny

Well, I did it... CLK, nope, I bought a Volvo :dk: , still keeping the S class though ;)

What a let down! From a Z4 to a Volvo ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom