Too fast, too close........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought they all rode like that.

I say it was the car drivers fault...it doesn't matter which one, it's always the car drivers fault.

I think it's the camera car's fault...they were all playing to the camera...cut and print!

I thought the police had set up a website for submitting dashcam footage now.. let me see if I can find it.

[EDIT] a quick read on this referred me to a site that sells dashcams called policewitness.com.

They have a link with instructions but I dont know if this is a genuine way of reporting this or whether it is just a way for this third party to harvest interesting videos.

PoliceWitness.com: Report an Incident

Let's hope not - I'd hate to think that another motorist could dob me in as I gave the car a quick blast down the road.

Nice airbags has she.

I think it's the camera car's fault...they were all playing to the camera...cut and print!

I put my hands up.......maybe the huge sign on the front "Camera Platform 1" gave the game away......now where did Gwyneth go?

qpwKZaN.jpg

Shocking riding!!! He just wasn't paying attention

Last edited:
This confirms he no where near her, shes just on the crossing as hes leaving it more than 12 ft when hes actually at the start of the crossing.

The Illegal part of this video is hes overtaking on zig zag lines.

It is illegal to overtake the vehicle closest to the crossing whilst within the zig zag lines on the approach side ; also unlawful to fail to give way to a pedestrian who has started to cross .

Incompetent - just got lucky trying to save himself - just got lucky that there was nobody running across the crossing - just got lucky avoiding the OP as well given the near loss of control.

Zero skill.

Just random luck that he and one or more pedestrians didn't end up in hospital.

Very lucky there wasn't a small child on the crossing , hidden from his view by the car .

The post title is correct "Too fast, too close ...". To which I would add " ..., too dozy". The motorcyclist was wrong in many ways. There are far too many 'what ifs' to bear thinking about. Totally inexcusable.

However, we can at least be reassured that it didn't come even close to the daily two-wheeled antics in many other countries. For instance in Bangkok earlier this year we found that locals on step-through bikes would get upset if you dared to glare at them as they sped past you with mm to spare whilst on the middle of pedestrian crossings. It wasn't much safer on the pavements!

In Italy last June I learnt many new Italian words when a female motorcyclist undertook me on a single carriageway as we approached a parked car. I just had to guess that she was explaining to me that in Italy foreigners have to brake heavily to allow motorcyclists to swerve across in front of them in order to avoid parked cars - something that I omitted to do!

But I still insist that there's nothing wrong with two-wheeled transport. It's just that some of them are mounted by those with as little brain capacity as even more of those with a steering wheel in front of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom