Took out instrument cluster and now warning stay on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkchild101

Car
Mercedes C250TD
removed instrument cluster to try fix problem where it works sometimes and not others. I put it back in and problem still persists.

More urgently after putting it back in some warning lights are staying on and not going out after ignition e.g brake pad wear, ABS, coolant and oil warning lights. What could be causing this. I know there is nothing wrong with these systems and only came on after i took out cluster and put it back in :confused:

Do what I did on my 210. Take the cluster out. Leave the car until the electronics are 'asleep' remembering to leave the driver door open so you don't have to 'wake' it up. Maybe 15mins or so. Now refit your cluster with the electronics off. Now, hopefully when you re-energise the car it will come back to life properly.

Do what I did on my 210. Take the cluster out. Leave the car until the electronics are 'asleep' remembering to leave the driver door open so you don't have to 'wake' it up. Maybe 15mins or so. Now refit your cluster with the electronics off. Now, hopefully when you re-energise the car it will come back to life properly.

Did you have exactly the same problem of warning lights staying on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom