Top marks for KwikFit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Well I always say give praise where praise is due and today KwikFit excelled.

JSWMBO Punto had a slow puncture from the OSF, now the tyres were purchased from KwikFit in February believe it or not because they were the cheapest and because I bought 4 they threw in tyre insurance free any punctures or damage fixed for 12 months free. So I thought fine not worth the paper its written on but how wrong could I be.

The tyre in question had a small puncture right in the middle of the tread so no dramas put a patch on as a repair and good to go. That wasn't good enogh for them as I had tyre insurance they removed the tyre and replaced it with a brand new one all free of charge and all in less than 20 minutes one happy smiling JSWMBO and lots of Brownie points for me.

Top job KwikFit well done :thumb:

Had a strange vibration in the car when towing last Sunday. After getting rid of the caravan it felt odd. Quick trip to Kwik-Fit showed the very inside of the tyre down to wire. Oops :eek:

No queue, 25 minutes later off I go - a tad poorer mind.

They've done up the office too. Very nice it was.

ETA - need to find out what's causing that on the rear.

Had a strange vibration in the car when towing last Sunday. After getting rid of the caravan it felt odd. Quick trip to Kwik-Fit showed the very inside of the tyre down to wire. Oops :eek:

No queue, 25 minutes later off I go - a tad poorer mind.

They've done up the office too. Very nice it was.

ETA - need to find out what's causing that on the rear.

Was that the Doncaster one? I used to have my company cars done at the one in Balby and again to be fair they were very good.:thumb:

I thought all motoring forum members changed tyres at 6mm ;)

I wait until they need doing. What caught me out was the wear on the very inside. Something odd going on. Absolutely fine on the outside. Bit ****** off as I wanted to get matching tyres on and lost the opportunity.

Was that the Doncaster one? I used to have my company cars done at the one in Balby and again to be fair they were very good.:thumb:

Yes it was Balby. I've always favoured the one on Wheatley Hall Road, but just went for the nearest this time around.

I wait until they need doing. What caught me out was the wear on the very inside. Something odd going on. Absolutely fine on the outside. Bit ****** off as I wanted to get matching tyres on and lost the opportunity.

I was only pulling your leg. :) I've had a car before where the inside edge was bald and the outside only 1/2 worn. It's easy to just cast your eye over the tyre thinking they're OK. On my car the previous owner had far too much camber set.

Yes it was Balby. I've always favoured the one on Wheatley Hall Road, but just went for the nearest this time around.

The Wheatley hall road one also did me a great job on my old BMW brakes on a bank holiday Monday, Wheatley Hall BMW did not have the parts and Kwikfit did it was BMW that pointed me down the road to them again great service on a bank holiday.

That said I have to say I've had more than my fair share of disappointments at Kwikfit too

I have had to use many KF with my company vehicles.
Honestly the only one who gave no trouble was in Preston.

The rest were shockingly inept.
My local in Bridgwater fitted a run-flat rear onto a car with regular eco tyres and tried to argue about it!

Hate them with a passion, the average competence level is extremely poor.

OP - you may have a shot damper. Get someone drive whilst you follow.
You can see the dud corner bouncing away happily compared to the other.

Im not sure what kwik-fit are like but we send a lot of customers down to our local ATS for tracking and wheel alignment. The good thing about ATS is that they will check what the cause of the issue is, and if they find its something like a worn bush, ball joint, spring shocker etc etc they will tell you to rectify that before they set the alignment right.

Best thing, they dont charge you for telling you whats wrong.

The place we used to use before them used to set the tracking straight, and then within a couple of weeks the customer would come back complaining that they've got the same problems again. Thats because no one at this place used to identify the source/cause of the problem.

We've just taken in a 88,000 mile 1.9 TDi Skoda Octavia as a PX....2008 1 owner car in lovely condition (ie bodywork and interior) and came with a full service history most of which was done by Kwik Fit. Elderly couple lived just around the corner from Kwik Fit

I haven't seen such a badly serviced car for a long time....bearing in mind that it had been serviced less than 6k ago and the customer had been billed for new front pads and discs. However when we put it through the workshops, we found that the front nearside had received a new disc and pads, the offside was on half worn original pads and disc.....we then looked at the rear pads and they were paper thin and down to the metal on the edges.

The engine was dripping in oil and the undercover was swimming in oil.....clearly somebody had taken off the oil filter to replace the cartridge without draining the oil first and it burped a load of oil out as the old cartridge came out and hadn't bothered to steam clean it off.

Absolutely terrible workmanship

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom