Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biturbo

Car
S600 BiTurbo, SL60 AMG, Landcrapper Disco, Merc sprinter, E320 D6.
Top gear recently has had the porsche 928 which is about the 3rd time they have had a feature with this car. The jag f type tonight been done recently, same as eagle speedster. Last week the lfo been done recently, the bently continental, been done in various versions about 5 times. The new s class has been out 2 years nothing. Neither the old cl or the new sclass coupe was reviewed. They seem to be going over old ground and old material over and over again. I like the presenters and the production, but the actual subject that they are doing is getting really repetitive.

They did review a 215 cl600 in a past episode, what you can buy for £6,995? A bargain basement Shoe box or a £100k plus 8/10 year old car?

No I mean the cl model after that. The 2006 to 2013 model
Never did a cl. Same amount of time did about 5-6 bently gt features.

I am not a huge fan of Top Gear any more. I will watch it, but then again I watch Big Brother from time to time. As we all know it is an entertainment programme rather than a car programme. It's just a bit naff.

I think the weak link is Richard Hammond. He is excruciatingly embarrassing, especially during the news. His kids must cringe when they watch him.

The piece on Peugeot a while ago was good but it went on far too long and of course they ended up smashing some cars up.

All a bit boring but no doubt I will be watching it tonight.

Didn't they do a S class and 7 series shoot-out not too long ago? EDIT: sure it was a S63/65 too...

I'm not a big fan of Top Gear episodes when they review cars to be honest, 5th Gear is better for that.

I prefer the Top Gears when they buy some older cars/trucks and do a challenge with them somewhere.

I think the zenith for top gear was about 2006-2012, since then they have been in gradual decline. Features like the Saab history, the one on lancias even comedy ones like the Albanian trip, the American special etc the grosser and roller we're great, but I suppose they are running out of ideas, which is why they are repeating the cars they do more and more, it's lazy and they could do so much more. I feel the end is coming soon. It's like the last few albums of a once great band.....crap.

To clear it up they did 3 of the old sclass reviews, a s63 a s65 and a s500. They haven't done the new one which has been out a few years now. They didn't do a review of the last cl or the new sclass coupe which has replaced the new cl. They did a few of the cl class previous to the outgoing model. The Bentley reviews are irritating to me, it's over 10 years old now just gets face lifts and ever slight model change it gets reviewed, producer of top gear much be getting some sort of backhander. Next week is golf gti r feature they did a golf gti last series second to last episode. Same cars.

Last edited:
TG is not necessarily aimed at a UK audience. If it is deemed funny/popular in other parts of the world then it will keep going.

TG is not necessarily aimed at a UK audience. If it is deemed funny/popular in other parts of the world then it will keep going.

Same as wheeler dealers, no longer aimed at the UK, constant recaps and rubbish American cars that I have no interest in.

When would you take issue? On the 10th Bentley continental feature? Anyways, I'm pleased as when something goes on the slide, new things appear and the classic car show on Thursdays is a case in point.

Top Gear - we like it in our house :thumb:.

I'm trying to like the Jodie/Quentin thing, but it's very cheesy in places :crazy:.

Last edited:
I'm bored of people moaning about not liking top gear. Just don't watch it if you don't like. Simple.

And as has been said on this forum a thousand times on a dozen threads: it's an entertainment show, not a car review program. And it makes millions of pounds for the bbc so it ain't gonna change.

Top Gear is just ****** - but it is car ****** - which is good ******.Even at its worst it is better than the x factor celeb cook jungle tripe on TV .

Totally agree with the OP it's been mindless drivel for years now it's not a motoring programme any more it's just pure sh*te

William Woollard must be turning in his grave like doner meat on a spit

(Actually he still might be alive in which case he should show those three mindless morons what motoring journalism is)

You might be bored of people complaining, even do a clarkson and ridicule people for saying it's not a car program that talks about cars. I was one of top gears biggest fans, what made it great isn't what it is now. It was things like 10 grand italian super cars, not drive by smash ups in ambulances. The reason top gear has huge audiences was, is because of the fantastic shows it made 2006 to 2012. You've got 3k go buy a Porche etc etc. the clk black review was awesome, the cheaply made Lexus one on their track last week was lazy and in comparison bland, if you are oblivious to this then great, but I am not.
like mercedes in the 90s took for granted it's brand and customers and started cutting corners and thinking it knew best, it could cut a bit here, a little bit there, do what we want to do not what the customers who have been buying our products wanted, nobody will notice. True some simpletons or easy going people will lie in the malaise, but others won't. We then got 1998 to 2006 of sub standard mercedes. Took them sometime, but they realised it and have turned things around somewhat.

Last edited:
I think this series so far has been their best in a while.

It's one of the very few programmes on terrestrial TV that is aimed at blokes who like cars, therefore even a Shiite Top Gear is better than no Top Gear.

it's not a motoring programme any more

STOP THE PRESS!!! :D

:ban:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom