Topspeed Pro Performance C43 AMG Stainless headers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justin1600

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 AMG
Be warned do not buy these rubbish Exhaust Headers from them. Mine lasted 18 Months and approx. 3-4000 miles before they both cracked.
Not happy as they should last a lot longer than this :mad::fail

I contacted them and this is what I got back

There is no point spending £150 or so sending them back, when they will crack again near the new weld in a years time.

Just sent this back

Hi Justin,
I,m surprised they offered that much to be honest though mine didn't crack, I could never get them to stop blowing. It did,nt matter how money times they were refitted by Olly he even had them refaced, and still the same issue.
I have been thinking about using them as a pattern to build new ones and then they could not only built correctly with the correct gauge and quality stainless, they could be improved as well.
Still no luck with a set of second hand ones Justin?

If your going to post emails its only fair to post the entire chain, what was their initial reply (your 2nd email with photos starts with "hi Josh" indicating you had a previous email?

If your going to post emails its only fair to post the entire chain, what was their initial reply (your 2nd email with photos starts with "hi Josh" indicating you had a previous email?

Here you go

Hi Justin,
I,m surprised they offered that much to be honest though mine didn't crack, I could never get them to stop blowing. It did,nt matter how money times they were refitted by Olly he even had them refaced, and still the same issue.
I have been thinking about using them as a pattern to build new ones and then they could not only built correctly with the correct gauge and quality stainless, they could be improved as well.
Still no luck with a set of second hand ones Justin?

Hi Andy,

No luck with finding some standard manifolds, and I also thought about getting some made.
But I did come across these ones, what do you think ?

Justin - there is a c43 amg being broken on ebay currently, you could try them for OEM ons ?

Hi Andy,

No luck with finding some standard manifolds, and I also thought about getting some made.
But I did come across these ones, what do you think ?

Hi Justin,
They are the same as the ones I have/had on mine and Ollies.
I thought yours were the same.

Hi Justin,
Been doing a little googling and found this site, it looks like the pics are generic, but they state they can make them to fit the 43, though as they will be for a LHD the RH manifold may need modifying. Though with a long branch header it may involve removal of the primary CATs, but these do look a lot better than the stubby ones we have had.
If I could get a pair of these fitted to my car I wouldn't mind having to get a pair of Sports CATs fitted, what do you think?
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG 1998 Car Headers & Manifolds - JCWhitney

Justin - there is a c43 amg being broken on ebay currently, you could try them for OEM ons ?

Yeah I tried him and he wanted £200 delivered which I thought was way over priced :crazy:

I too have the same manifolds the problem i had at first was same as Andy's my wings were getting really hot you coudnt even touch the engine or anything in the engine bay due to the manifolds. Now they have changed colour i think the cast iron manifolds would look better also agree with Justin the manifolds are too thin.

As Andy said, am interested in maybe getting some decent headers made at a sensible cost. Maybe we could use Andy's ones as a pattern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom