Torque screw size on numberplate bulb holders in a c63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo-benz

Car
C63AMG//PP- MSL/WEISTEC 758BHP-SUPERCHARGED MONSTER
Hi does anyone know what torx screw size is for the bolts in a rear numberplate light fitting in c63 ?', also what type of bulb is it?.. And while I'm on the subject of fitments I need to know if the rear led lights from a 2012 new face lifted c63 would retrofit into the previous c63 2011 and earlier? Thanks

TX20
12V 5W part number N000000 007460
You need to code the rear SAM not to do bulb fault monitoring or some of the lights stay on dim all the time and possibly bulb failure error messages

I haven't had time to look how this is done yet :)

Richard

Hey Richard , thanks a lot mate as I havnt got the torx set so just order from bay, also that the rear lights you i mentioned are from 2012 c-class where mine is the 2011 c63, so your point being is that it's a simple plug in retrofit, right? But I need to code the light clusters, right? Ifso is that a dealer code reading? Or can any auto store might do it?

Hi

Its meant to be the same plug - but the rear SAM (which is what the clusters connect to) needs coding. I don't know what needs coding in there, but almost certainly the dealers can't do it.

There are people (on here) who have the info on how to do it (they sell it), and then you need someone who can code it the SAM. (The dealers do something called SCN coding which just downloads the correct coding from Mercedes central computer - but your trouble is the correct coding is the wrong coding if you add those lights, as central computer doesn't know the lights can be on 2011 model)

Cheers

Richard

Hi , please can someone tell me where or who/how I can get the SAM coding sorted , I shall be most grateful!..
Also finding it difficult to access the numberplate lights as I have removed the 2 t20 torx screws but nothing is giving way ??? Is there any other screws hidden anywhere on the c63? Please respond ASAP .. Thanks all especially Richard .

You have to remove the handle strip, which is held on with 2 screws from the inside, so you have to strip that out.

I haven't worked out the coding yet, so someone else will have to recommend who can do it

Richard

Thanks Richard , how do you know all this?? Lol!
So the boot lid's inside interior cover will need lugging off, yeah?

I've fitted enough rear-view cameras.

Take of plastic piece at the bottom of the boot lid (around the latch), it has various clips ,then the inside carpet piece. There are 2 screws that go into the cover on that trim strip near the middle which need removing and the clips for cover for the camera (or was it the keyless go button hole) push in-ward, and then the whole trim strip (chrome piece) levers out and you can remove the camera and the lights

There is actually a good pictorial guide in WIS, but its copyright. You could ask your friendly MB dealer for document ar88.50-p-5062cw

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom