Total CEO killed in Moscow plane crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Heard it on the radio, apparently his jet hit a snow plough on the runway.

And since I am rather distrustful of our Eastern friends, I wonder whether it was a genuine accident, or maybe it was Russian way of dealing with competition :dk:

Dont know where you get your cynicism from young man! But I reckon you could be dead on the money there.

Huge message sent rattling down his chain of command.

The opening scene from the Italian Job comes to mind....

Yes, a man has committed suicide and was found with 16 knife wounds in his back, just before he threw himself of the bridge wearing concerte shoes...

BBC news reported this morning that the Russian authorities have announced that the driver of the snow plough was drunk.

And since I am rather distrustful of our Eastern friends, I wonder whether it was a genuine accident, or maybe it was Russian way of dealing with competition :dk:

Could well be but this stuff happens on both sides, no one is better than the other.

BBC news reported this morning that the Russian authorities have announced that the driver of the snow plough was drunk.

Well, someone has to take the blame.

That's not news !

Surely finding someone who isnt drunk would be newsworthy ;)

Could well be but this stuff happens on both sides, no one is better than the other.

Maybe, but I can just see the implications if half of Russian government, including their president,was to be wiped out in any alleged accident, on foreign soil. I doubt they would let that one go.

Here is the Russian take on it. http://rt.com/op-edge/197676-total-ceo-plane-crash/ It would appear that Christophe de Margerie was in fact a supporter of the Russian regime rather than an opponent, being quite a vociverous supporter of Russia during the recent "unfortunate understanding" in the Ukraine. He had for example suggested in the past that oil might be traded in other currencies than the dollar which as we all know is a capital offence!:rolleyes:

Here is the Russian take on it. http://rt.com/op-edge/197676-total-ceo-plane-crash/ It would appear that Christophe de Margerie was in fact a supporter of the Russian regime rather than an opponent, being quite a vociverous supporter of Russia during the recent "unfortunate understanding" in the Ukraine. He had for example suggested in the past that oil might be traded in other currencies than the dollar which as we all know is a capital offence!:rolleyes:

I see - well the snow plough driver may have been a drunk Ukrainian then...

I see - well the snow plough driver may have been a drunk Ukrainian then...

Hi might have been a disgruntled AMG driver, sickened by the current fuel prices :)

We simply will never know the truth ;)

Sounds really suspicious, he must of been an obstacle for some sort of business... Although I'm sure that if this was a set up, then I would think that the reasoning is deeper than a simple benefit to Russia. I'm sure its much higher up in the hierarchical chain, & could of been set up internally, to move the company into a direction - that the CEO wouldn't approve.

Interesting to see how this unfolds, but its more likely that it will remain as a mystery just like Princess Diana's death.

Or maybe it was just an accident ...

The accident rate for private planes and helicopters is substantial. Pilots cut corners to meet deadlines set by people who rarely hear the word no.

Colonel Mustard with a knife in the drawing room.

Sounds like Justin Quayle in John le Carre's Constant Gardner.

He committed "suicide" by shooting himself 8 times, with 3 different guns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom