Touching up my alloys. ( not in a pervy way )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
The nice chaps who wash my car for me ( cba doing it myself ) have lifted the paint off with the jet wash, and left me with the primer underneath, not their fault, they were starting to flake anyway.

Anyhow, I've bought a touch up from eBay, Its like a nail varnish brush, any tips on application/prep painting isn't my forte. Obviously don't want to make a hash of it, but at the same time it'll probably look better than it does now.

Pardon the autobiography for a simple question [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone 7plus, which is exactly the same as the iPhone 3/4/5/6. Using Crapatalk

The nice chaps who wash my car for me ( cba doing it myself ) have lifted the paint off with the jet wash, and left me with the primer underneath, not their fault, they were starting to flake anyway.

Anyhow, I've bought a touch up from eBay, Its like a nail varnish brush, any tips on application/prep painting isn't my forte. Obviously don't want to make a hash of it, but at the same time it'll probably look better than it does now.

Pardon the autobiography for a simple question [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone 7plus, which is exactly the same as the iPhone 3/4/5/6. Using Crapatalk

If it's just a little you can dab it drop wise using a cocktail stick?

Build it up in thin layers. Don't go for a thick coating. 10 thin layers will look better than 2 thick ones. Also go and buy an artists brush - don't use the one provided. As said above, for small blemishes, always use a cocktail stick (for stone chips and the like). Much better way of building and filling the "crater".

Build it up in thin layers. Don't go for a thick coating. 10 thin layers will look better than 2 thick ones. Also go and buy an artists brush - don't use the one provided. As said above, for small blemishes, always use a cocktail stick (for stone chips and the like). Much better way of building and filling the "crater".

Thanks, that's exactly what I'll do. Will post pics once done

And if I don't post pics, you'll know I've made a balls of it

Last edited:
I did a stone chip on the bonnet using the layer technique and it worked really well. Good luck!

6c43a8a3f8ddfa84d27f08a14f3ba2ff.jpg

154050759f03f12571efeb6c2b2a6409.jpg

It'll do until I have them refurbed...

Looks amazing from a 10000000 feet away though

6c43a8a3f8ddfa84d27f08a14f3ba2ff.jpg

154050759f03f12571efeb6c2b2a6409.jpg

It'll do until I have them refurbed...

Looks amazing from a 10000000 feet away though

That looks miles better

99% of people won't notice

(null)
Cheers old pal

I used an eBay kit, labelled for MB, on my lightly kerbed alloys before returning the car at end of lease. Involved some sanding and primer.

Car passed muster, no faults recorded, so worth doing, IMO

I used an eBay kit, labelled for MB, on my lightly kerbed alloys before returning the car at end of lease. Involved some sanding and primer.

Car passed muster, no faults recorded, so worth doing, IMO

I've probably got the same one. Colour match is perfect

That looks very presentable indeed.

There's a few blemishes on my alloys which I don't consider spending £250 on a refurb really necessary. I'll deffo give this a try.

That looks very presentable indeed.

There's a few blemishes on my alloys which I don't consider spending £250 on a refurb really necessary. I'll deffo give this a try.

Yep, it's not seamless by any means, but it'll do for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom