Touchless car wash in SE London ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If there is, you'll find a concentration of cars with truly MASSIVE stone chips (chips that used to be small before going through that)

Most cars have stone chips. The one thing guaranteed to make them bigger is to use a high pressure wash at close range - the water picks at the edge of the chip & the paint flakes off

Well...
I believe that same thing can happen when you use hand car wash, they are using jet wash to.
And I don't want to mention the scratches left behind.

It doesn't look particularly powerful. It seems to be throwing out a good volume of water, not necessarily at that high a velocity.

I'd use it. It's exactly the reason I won't use a regular car wash, the massive brush wheels are brutal. I would go through if I could buy the drying process alone, but I can't.

I'd much rather use this than a conventional mechanical drive through washer.

Though not convinced it will remove all dirt. I find that normal pressure washing doesn't get the dirt off and you still need to use a mitt (unless you use full high pressure, but you wouldn't want to do that as it would remove any protective layers you might have applied)

As its Italy, home of the really thin paint jobs ( on my Alfa the paint blew off at motorway speeds and my Ducati, well you just look at that and the paint has gone) I would guess its rather good.

It doesn't look particularly powerful. It seems to be throwing out a good volume of water, not necessarily at that high a velocity.

I'd use it. It's exactly the reason I won't use a regular car wash, the massive brush wheels are brutal. I would go through if I could buy the drying process alone, but I can't.

:thumb:

Last edited:
Impressive design but that car probably wasn't very dirty when going in.

Be interested to see the job it could do on a car with 3/4 weeks worth of motorway dirt & grime.

Looks like it would find any weak spots for leaks.
I am too **** with my cars to put through any car washes preferring to do it myself, but I have retired and have more time than some on here.

I just don't think I could trust a car wash and in the past they have never properly cleaned all the dirt from the car. DIY all the way!

I was reading the owner's handbook for a 2013 E class and came across this in the Care and Maintenance section..

" Never clean your vehicle in a Touchless
Automatic Car Wash as these use special
cleaning agents. These cleaning agents can
damage the paintwork or plastic parts."

Also noted in section on cars with Matte finish paintwork

"The following may cause the paint to
become shiny and thus reduce the matte
effect:

Washing the vehicle in direct sunlight."

Wonder how that degrades the finish? On a gloss finish, yes but matte?

Last edited:
"The following may cause the paint to
become shiny and thus reduce the matte
effect:

Wonder how that degrades the finish? On a gloss finish, yes but matte?

I assume the wash will also include a final rinse with a "shine enhancer"?

Hi guys,
Any touchless car wash in SE London ?
Something like this...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Did you find the carwash like this video in the end?

There is one of these in Cambridge Maryland USA, it looks about 20 years old, people take their salt/mud encrusted pick up trucks through it complete with bull bars , racks etc. No rotating brushes to catch on any of the many bits of metal jutting out from their trucks.

This is nothing new.

I’d have thought the perceived benefit of reduced swirling would be offset by the potential damage to paintwork (eg as mentioned stonechips or any areas of refinished bodywork) as well as water getting into places it shouldn’t such as behind seals.

I also bet it misses some bits on the outside (eg around the lower parts of the car - wheels/mirrors/around the handles etc) as well as all the usual door shuts etc that it can’t reach.

It’s probably great for removing general dust off a relatively clean car but there’s always some bits that end up stuck to the bodywork that won’t come off just by soap and a jet wash. They’ve picked a newish grey car with black wheels for the demo that doesn’t look dirty to begin with!

Nice idea though nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom