Tow Bar electrics for E350 Coupe Sport.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smeesh

Car
E Class Coupe Cdi 350 Sport.
Now her goes ! Priced a TowBar with Electrics,relay etc and was quoted a joyous £310 fully fitted for a detachable Tow Bar. Groovy I thought.

My concern is will it need recoded for the parking sensors and can you disconnect the reverse proximity warning sensors via Assist as this would be a great help if i could just turn them off whilst towing ? My trusted Mechanic whom I have used for many years and has never let me down has been reliably informed by the Tow Bar manufacturers that this can be done on this vehicle plus no rear bumper cut. Again joyous :roll eyes:

Obviously with a van on the back my reversing sensors will pick this up but not a big deal for the amount of reversing I do with my van. Help will be greatly appreciated. I'm not totally convinced but my Trusted Mechanic / Owner is no Fool as he has all the diagnostic Kit etc... :wall bash: Im confused. Was expecting the relay to be £300 alone !! Incidentally has just replaced my rear Discs, Pads and sensor £210... Thought that was also excellent. Any thoughts ?

I fitted my own towbar and got a sparky pal to do the electrics (straight from the rear SAM and not a bypass relay btw). Took it to Merc and paid them 1hours labour to code it all in. This enables the bulb failure unit to recognise the trailer as well as adding the on-board anti-snake that the S212 has (not sure about the coupé). The parking sensors are nulled when hitched and the Datacard for the car now shows as having towbar fitted so it looks like it's a factory item. The only thing that it doesn't have over a true factory fit is the extra capacity cooling fan. Which doesn't seem to bother it one bit.

Thanks Druk. I'm slightly confused as I am getting mixed info. Im not that bothered about bulb failure on the van to be honest. The chap that does all my servicing etc is no fool and is getting his info from the Tow Bar supplier. Was surprised I did not need a cut as its quite a wicked detachable swan neck. Good to know the parking sensors are nulled. Think I may have it sussed ... Cheers again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom