Toyota cutbacks announced.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Toyota announce further cutbacks.http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/engineering/article5885701.ece

Same old thing really but of interest in the article is the incentive to "buy new" running in Germany at the moment, where buyers can benefit from a €2,500 incentive/subsidy to scrap older polluting cars which has helped stimulate the flagging market. Sounds a better way to get production going again where individual motorists and the enviroment benefit rather than writing a blank cheque to the motor manufacturers.

Last edited:
not sure they are really interested in the environment. If they are this is a perfect way to show it with that incentive, rather than messing about with VED rates that yoyo more than a train timetable.
at this rate people will just buy older cars that have a clear VED thus negating the pollution saving measures

Last edited:
The environmental credentials of the buy-back scheme are not as obvious as they first seem. Here are crude calculations I did.

but after 10years, do you think the old car would be emmiting the same co2 as at when it came out the factory? Ithink it would be tonnes more

but after 10years, do you think the old car would be emmiting the same co2 as at when it came out the factory? Ithink it would be tonnes more

Are you supporting the environmental campaign? That goes against your usual viewpoint ;)

I prefer to Reduce - Reuse - Recycle than buy new.
It may also have something to do with not being able to afford new!

I have always supported the environmental campaign. I have never supported the fact that cars cause it or that taxing people and industries to death will solve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom