Tracker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveskeggy

Car
S55 AMG
Hi.
I have been stripping down my old S600 for parts, and I have come across what I thought was part of the telephone system, but turned out to be a tracker.
I have been thinking of fitting a tracker to my S55, and I was wondering if it would be worth fitting this thing.
It seems to be quite a common fitting for Mercedes, It is a Motorola, the serial number is 5TRK0100UK.
It is a metal box with wires coming from it, and has a separate plastic box wired to it, which is the battery backup.
I don't know any more about it, except it seems to have five wires running into it.
Does anyone know anything about these?
Is it worth following up, or is it ancient and not worth the bother?
Would it cost more to register and run it than any savings I may get from the insurance, baring in mind that there are a lot of PAYG systems that cost nothing to run?
Thanks.

Plenty of them on ebay.

Pretty much useless as I would imagine none of the tracker agencies would support it and no insurance company will recognise it without a certificate..

Didn't think as much, would have needed a wiring diagram for it, and I guess I would have more chance of seeing the Pope than getting hold of one of those.
Plenty of them on ebay.

Pretty much useless as I would imagine none of the tracker agencies would support it and no insurance company will recognise it without a certificate..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom