Traffic cops parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyS

Car
CLK 320 Elegance '99
So the TC's are on another speed catching run on a bit of road near me - its a dual lane bit of road in-between 2 roundabouts that goes into 3 lanes when its gets near the r/b. Its a 30 speed limit but I am guessing that people not in the know would assume its a 40..

Anyway, so they have parked 1/2 on the pavement on a single (or may be double) red line no cones or anything just parked there.. I'm guessing they can do this whilst anyone else would get towed away??

Are these Police or Safety Camera partnership staff, who aren't Police.

I think they are Police - Volvo estate liveried up - Caps etc.. I couldn't say for sure as they were on the other side of the road..

But when I got done by them going the other way up the same piece of road they were definitely cops.. (they breathalysed me for one thing)

In that case they can park where they like as the vehicle is being used for Police purposes.
They obviously feel that is a good place to park and isn't obstructing the road or impeding flow of traffic. Not much point impeding flow if you want to catch speeders.

Yeah, I guessed that would be the case.. thanks Diesel

So the TC's are on another speed catching run on a bit of road near me - its a dual lane bit of road in-between 2 roundabouts that goes into 3 lanes when its gets near the r/b. Its a 30 speed limit but I am guessing that people not in the know would assume its a 40..

Anyway, so they have parked 1/2 on the pavement on a single (or may be double) red line no cones or anything just parked there.. I'm guessing they can do this whilst anyone else would get towed away??

Where in surrey is this?

While driving along M74 and A80 last Saturday, the Garmin sat nav kept dong dong warning me of mobile speed cameras on approached to every overhead bridges.

Is this Garmin sat nav rubbish or there could be potential mobile speed cameras on overhead bridges?

While driving along M74 and A80 last Saturday, the Garmin sat nav kept dong dong warning me of mobile speed cameras on approached to every overhead bridges.

Is this Garmin sat nav rubbish or there could be potential mobile speed cameras on overhead bridges?

are you having a laugh. Over head bridges are a favourite hang out for mobile traps etc. In this case every single bridge will have had a trap on it @ some stage or Garmin/whoever runs the database beleives there is a risk of a trap being placed on a bridge.

mmhmm, every bridge on the M4 Westbound has a speed camera on it at somepoint, Alerters beep on every bridge...

mmhmm, every bridge on the M4 Westbound has a speed camera on it at somepoint, Alerters beep on every bridge...
Even the footbridges/cow crossings!

J16 -> J18 there are only two bridges the camera vans ever use. Sounds like they have been a bit enthusiastic entering stuff into the database.

Even the footbridges/cow crossings!

J16 -> J18 there are only two bridges the camera vans ever use. Sounds like they have been a bit enthusiastic entering stuff into the database.

Them pesky cows taken out pics.....;)

Its a 30 speed limit but I am guessing that people not in the know would assume its a 40.

'Not in the know'.

This presumably means people who don't see (ie. careless) or ignore (ie. reckless) road signs?

'Not in the know'.

This presumably means people who don't see (ie. careless) or ignore (ie. reckless) road signs?

Or perhaps he means the road feels like it should be a 40 limit due to the clear visibility and lack of hazzards but has recently been downgraded to a 30 with signage hidden in a bush in order to raise more revenue. :rolleyes:

'Not in the know'.

You presume wrong - it's a mini dual carriageway to anyone not aware - it comes off a r/b that has a single lane road leading to it that has a clearly marked 40 speed limit. The road in question has not one single road sign indicating that it is a 30.

Therefore someone 'Not in the Know' could be someone who has just driven down the 40mph single lane road - crosses the r/b onto a dual lane road double in size thinking (quite reasonably imo) that the dual lane road would still be a 40..

Or perhaps he means the road feels like it should be a 40 limit due to the clear visibility and lack of hazzards but has recently been downgraded to a 30 with signage hidden in a bush in order to raise more revenue. :rolleyes:

No visable signage that I can see - will have a look in the bushes though.. :D

Or perhaps it's 30 because it runs right past the driveways of folks' houses?

Perhaps.. but a sign would be nice.. also the single lane road that leads onto the r/b from the top is a 40 and that has driveways a plenty.

..Also the side that the cops were on is the side of the school playing fields - just fence - not one driveway until the very end where there is the service entrance to the school..

..yes I know - a school! :eek: But once again there are no signs warning of a school (that i can remember) and to a newcomer to the area all they would really see are open fields behind a fence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom