Transporting an antique chest of drawers from Hants to Lancs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Laurel and Hardy: "The Music Box"

For those who weren't sat in the thrupennies at the front of the Circle on a Saturday morning, just after the War, here's their Piano Movie

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Bruce, I know all those movies so well. Great old fashioned fun.

Mrs Ant bought me the 21 DVD box set for Xmas 5 years ago.

Our daughter was just 7 and we got up early every day over Christmas to watch Laurel & Hardy. Priceless memories for both of us.

Her favourite was The Sawmill.

Always good to see the blue plastic factory chrome protectors still in place, unscarred on your W251.

Always good to see the blue plastic factory chrome protectors still in place, unscarred on your W251.

My recently acquired 10 year old ML also sports the same, not a mark on them so have restrained myself and left them in place

I have used Shiply.com on several occasions in the past. Put the details in and you get quotes. Check very carefully customer feedback on the quotes you get. I have had very delicate expensive stuff (£10k plus) transported hundreds of miles without problem.

+1

Solid wood dining table from Glasgow to Hants.

Quick, damage free. And good price

Plus you can negotiate on their quote. Don’t ask you don’t get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I robbed this pic from the internet, although it could be my car, colour and condition wise - apart from the blue protector and entertainment headrests.

They are cavernous!

Mission accomplished. The cabinet has landed in Morecambe. A huge thanks to Mike D for going out of his way on my behalf; above and beyond the call of duty. A pleasure to meet you, Mike and to have the opportunity to share a couple of pints with you in Liverpool last night. Top bloke. I owe you one!

Glad to help, Steve, and it was a pleasure to meet you too. Next time, can we drink the pints without the straws?!!

Next time it will be at YOUR choice of pub, Mike. If you want straws, straws will be provided!

BTW, the drummer I was thinking about when you mentioned Graham Jarvis, was Graham Broad (Roger Waters, Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings + many more). I saw him depping with Geoff Achison's band in a club Warrington - had the best-sounding Ludwig Black Beauty I've ever heard.

Graham Broad - Protection Racket

In the meantime, as an ex-rock'n'roller, you'll enjoy this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

See you soon, I hope.

S.

Next time it will be at YOUR choice of pub, Mike. If you want straws, straws will be provided!

S.

Clause, I said clause!! It was the thought of sharing a couple of pints. Keep up!!

Put it down to insanity, Mike.

That's it. Enough already, my brain hurts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom