Trax 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gasman2

Car
c63 amg
Was going to ask if there was going to be a club stand but just noticed they have moved it to October???really almost guaranteed to be pissing down and cold ...shame was looking forward to bringing thunderbird 1 out to play

Alps, who used to organise this for us, has mentioned that he probably won't be doing this time, so I'm not sure what's happening now.

It wasn't brilliant last year in September weather wise, in fact most of us were sat about in cars while the rain was coming down, just trying to keep dry. October, as you say, is practically Winter and it may not be a pleasant experience. I very much doubt I'll be attending this year. :(

Alps, who used to organise this for us, has mentioned that he probably won't be doing this time, so I'm not sure what's happening now.

It wasn't brilliant last year in September weather wise, in fact most of us were sat about in cars while the rain was coming down, just trying to keep dry. October, as you say, is practically Winter and it may not be a pleasant experience. I very much doubt I'll be attending this year. :(

Thats really poor news I had not heard, Alps always did a fantastic job with this event over many years, been some fun days up there, by many within this forum.
It's a lot of work putting a group together, sometimes a thankless task at times, I appreciate what it takes to put these type of things together, so more kudos to Alps for the years he arranged this event:thumb:, hopefully, it would be a nice thought, that someone else within the forum picked up the banner and arranged an event here and there. If no one make's an effort to put these events together, no one, that's you guys, does anything, thats the fact of it.:rolleyes:

Thats really poor news I had not heard, Alps always did a fantastic job with this event over many years, been some fun days up there, by many within this forum.
It's a lot of work putting a group together, sometimes a thankless task at times, I appreciate what it takes to put these type of things together, so more kudos to Alps for the years he arranged this event:thumb:, hopefully, it would be a nice thought, that someone else within the forum picked up the banner and arranged an event here and there. If no one make's an effort to put these events together, no one, that's you guys, does anything, thats the fact of it.:rolleyes:

I think as the OP said moving the event to October is just asking for bad weather so the general consensus was that a lot would drop out this year or even worse, become no-shows if the weather did actually take a turn for the worse!

I therefore have to support Alps view on this one and hope that Trax is moved next year to a more sensible date for which Alps will feel a club stand would be worth doing :thumb:

If you're keen, you could always take the mantle and organise one yourself?

My experience is that it's a frustrating exercise because half the people who say they're interested, then don't commit and you suddenly find you don't have enough cars for a stand after all.

I think as the OP said moving the event to October is just asking for bad weather so the general consensus was that a lot would drop out this year or even worse, become no-shows if the weather did actually take a turn for the worse!

I therefore have to support Alps view on this one and hope that Trax is moved next year to a more sensible date for which Alps will feel a club stand would be worth doing :thumb:

I so much agree:thumb:

If you're keen, you could always take the mantle and organise one yourself?

My experience is that it's a frustrating exercise because half the people who say they're interested, then don't commit and you suddenly find you don't have enough cars for a stand after all.

LOL! been and done this many times for the forum events here, track days and a MB forum Vmax, albeit I do not seem to recall you joining us!, so before you sling mud of this minor nature, make sure you do what you call for:rolleyes: I look forward to your invite on your next organised event, perhaps I will come along:wallbash:.
Whilst i do not openly promote events as I used to on this forum, as I used to in the past, I still organise an odd event here and there, with a good few of the regular hard core forum guys here I know and trust, whom are genuine yes or no people, which makes organising a whole lot easier. I look forward to the next one:D

My experience is with the GTiROC. - We had a stand for Silverstone Classic for the 25th anniversary and had lots of people say they would attend... but in the end there were only a handful of cars that made it.

I admit it's an assumption, but I suspect it's the same everywhere. - You get a core of people who attend when they say they will, and more that express and interest then don't attend.

I apologise if I'm doing MBClub members a huge disservice.

Thnaks for the support guys, as said above moving to Oct has meant im not going to organise a stand this year.

MBclub crew are pretty good at turning up, it helps when they pay for the tickets in advance so that i can arrange adequate space, even if it means more headache posting tickets when i receive them!

There may be some other options at other venues if TRAX does not change the date, but silverstone is always a nice venue to go to.

Will let you guys know if i arrange another one at another event, it may be too late for anything this year tho!

My experience is with the GTiROC. - We had a stand for Silverstone Classic for the 25th anniversary and had lots of people say they would attend... but in the end there were only a handful of cars that made it.

I admit it's an assumption, but I suspect it's the same everywhere. - You get a core of people who attend when they say they will, and more that express and interest then don't attend.

I apologise if I'm doing MBClub members a huge disservice.

From similar experience to yourself, totally agree with your comments, thats why I now stick with my contacts whom originated from this forum, I throw it out there privately, they come back, yes or no, if yes, they pay, should they not make it, they totally except their monies are lost, we have had some great days out, it makes organising this type of thing a lot easier. My own car is now a very old car to go out and play, but still great fun and can still give a few guys a good run for their money in the right environment, however, I would love to run out in a GTR, my favorite want for a good while.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom