Treating Leather seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
I was wondering whether my leather seats in my 2004 W203 would ever need any kind of treatment to keep them looking good and preventing premature aging?
I was thinking of something quick and easy like a spray on treatment which only needs a quick wipe over with a cloth. Not something time consuming like applying solid leather food or anything like that.
Opinons and advice please.
Thanks to all in advance...................:)

use Johnson baby wipes with added aloe vera ..

mild conditioning with no effort at all.

Last edited:
Autoglym Leather cream is good.

Hello

If I'm doing a quick job...so to speak I use the cloths in a tub (Almost like wet wipes) and just wipe them down.

For a proper job every now and again I use the autoglym stuff but that requires more effort.

Both work very well and keep the leather loooking nice :)

inside.jpg

not a wind up at all ..

have used said wipes on leather in CLK (the nappa still looks amazing after 60k miles, and I also use Gliptone every 6 months) and also leather sofa.

works well.

you can feel the mild conditioning effect on your hands.

Is that true?:confused:

Will they really help keep the leather supple?:confused:

Or is it a wind-up?:confused:

Turtle wax platinum leather cream works well. Apply with a damp cloth, leave for 5 mins then lightly buff with a microfibre cloth.

Just don't buy it from Halfrauds :devil:

Rolls Royce recommends saddle soap for cleaning. It is very kind to the leather but a suprisingly powerful cleaner.

However, saddle soap doesn't feed the leather or help keep it supple. For that, the best product is neatsfoot oil, a product of animal rendering that is the closest thing to the natural oils that are in the leather.

Pure neatsfoot oil is inexpensive and easily applied. You just moisten a clean cloth with it and gently apply it. Use very sparingly!

Links here:

SADDLE SOAP

NEATSFOOT OIL

I just use baby wipes for the sofa, occasionally I have used olive oil if there's been a mark on the sofa or I've felt like it needed conditioning, works a treat and is a natural moisturiser! :cool:

Neets foot oil is good but they are hard to catch, and getting the oil out is hard work;)

Never use scented soap as the perfume rots the stitching

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom