Trolling threads and posts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Having received many complaints of trolling especially in C63 threads, I think we need to draw a line in the sand now as the behaviour is getting particularly tiresome (you know who you are).

In addition to being tiresome, it is often a most unwelcoming start for new members.

Starting from now, deliberately baiting or trolling in any thread (and we all know the difference between healthy debate and trolling) will likely earn an infraction, maybe even two depending on severity.

Accumulate three infractions and it means you win a special prize of a week in the cooler away from the forum.

[edit] Just a reminder that you can report posts by clicking the Report Post icon
report.gif
on the left of the post.

Lets keep the forum a happy place shall we.

Last edited:
Can we do that? Can we actually have banter any more?

Surely there seems to be an oversensitivity from certain comments. Is it worth engaging in any kind of discussion which may well lead to disagreement as it may be construed as trolling in nature?

Please note, this is a question before I receive an infraction for being inquisitive.

What happened ?

What was happening went way beyond banter.

In certain comments you made in certain threads, your dry wit could also be taken the wrong way, but then again who am I to comment eh?

But I guess I have to accept your decision

Spike:When your cooler is full I've a few fridges I can fill up with C63 boys LOL

I guess there's a thin line between humour and baiting. But, if I dare to say, some folk are a little over sensitive on some threads.. :D

Having been a mod on a very popular car site for many years, I can certainly see the pattern of bait followed by indignation perpetrated by some on here. The mods have my sympathies trying to deal with it!

It's a shame that this behaviour seems to coalesce around the C63 threads as to any casual observer this would appear to be motivated purely by envy. Not nice.

The Wordpress site set up in response to some of the carry on is just horrible; petty and spiteful behaviour from people I'm assuming are old enough to know better.

Anyway, it's only Internet, right? ;)

Last edited:
Yes it is only the internet...
I haven't reported anything since I joined many years ago and have no intention of doing so because... yes, it is only the internet.

I think timskemp summed things up nicely way back in 2009.

Hey - let me simplify this for you all...

If you think it's gonna offend for offences sake, don't say it. Best not to hit send / post. If you wouldn't like it said about you, don't say it. If you wouldn't say it face to face, don't say it. If you wouldn't say it in front of the kids, don't say. If in doubt, stay quiet.

re Florian whoever...

I am being cast as one of the bad guys hey ho
im virtually gutted it is after all only the internet

however on an even lighter note...
brucemillar may have to face me in a "lawnmower off"
dont pretend you dont know what im talking about bruce
this time its serious;)

It is undeniable that some posts have got out of hand but having had this discussed at length perhaps it is time to remember that we. as a group of individuals will, by definition always have a varied range of views and opinions. Also by definition we all share a common theme in that we own, aspire to own or appreciate Mercedes Benz as well as other vehicles etc so shall we all get back to concentrating on that aspects of the forum so that we may all continue to enjoy our cars, our dreams and our individuality?

It is undeniable that some posts have got out of hand but having had this discussed at length perhaps it is time to remember that we. as a group of individuals will, by definition always have a varied range of views and opinions. Also by definition we all share a common theme in that we own, aspire to own or appreciate Mercedes Benz as well as other vehicles etc so shall we all get back to concentrating on that aspects of the forum so that we may all continue to enjoy our cars, our dreams and our individuality?

Yeah. I am getting 4x new conti sport 3 tyres, and its all thanks to HB who has some contacts in the business, who've got me a REALLY good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom