Trouble with connecting the iPod to my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Masuma

Car
Mercedes B class
Hi

Apologies if this has already been posted. I did see a similar thread but dated for 2012 and didn't answer my question.

I got my new B class last week :D
I have an iPod Classic from 2007/8. I know its very old, but it has tonnes of storage and does what I need it to do- play music.

The only way I can see how to connect the iPod is via the usb in the arm rest.
Which is fine. However it plays the songs in a random order. The music is stored in some strange folders which make no sense to me. It's not alphabetical or in track order number.

I've looked at the manual and it says I should be able to see the playlists and other folders.

I believe it must be the way I've connected the iPod since the media interface states "usb device" not iPod.

Can someone help me please. Is there somewhere else I can plug the iPod in? Or another way to select the order songs play.

I know this is a really petty issue but it's really important to me since I have play lists for my nieces and my autistic brother, if I can put the music they like on, I can have a safe and calm journey.

I'm happy (but a little annoyed) if the solution is to upgrade my iPod. But after shelling out so much for this car I would've thought it to have the basic features my Golf came with.

There is another thread similar to this:-
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/136354-ipods-iphones-banned-2012-b-class.html

Note the advice to contact comand.co.uk

And I wondered if you could borrow someone else's iPod to try, a much newer model. MB wouldn't be the first to configure for later generation iPods only…………I know my son is running an older nano in his brand new A-Class and he gets playlists, album art, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. That's the thread I saw, but I thought since it's from 2 years ago and the cars and iPods have changed it maybe a diff issue

I don't have this connectivity slot that's mentioned in the thread and I. My user manual. My Golf had the connectivity wire and slot and I had assumed the Merc would too so never enquired about it.

I can see the album art. Just no playlist or any idea if the songs on the iPod. And once the iPods connected I can't manually scroll via the iPod.

I'll borrow my nieces ipod and give it ago. Otherwise I'll call the showroom and see what they say.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom