Trusteer Endpoint Protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I discovered a programme on my PC called Trusteer End Protection. I never knowingly installed this. Anyway I went to uninstall it (through the add/remove in the control panel) but no success. It just kept going round in circles. Does anyone know how to remove this programme?

Banks sometimes provide advice that you download 'Trusteer Rapport' to provide extra protection.

I would assume it's related to that and therefore legitimate.

I'm not terribly impressed with Rapport. I tried it a couple of years ago and reckoned it was slowing down my browser.

I too tried Trusteer's Rapport a few years ago. It definitely slowed Firefox at the time.

I think it was also logging every website you visited, whether online to the bank or not, so I decided to live without it.

I have never used online banking ! Anyway I found a way of removing Rapport -it involves contacting IBM (yes,them) and getting a
utility to uninstall . It has now been removed. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I've only ever known it come from banking organisations when using online banking and it is shyte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom