Two jobs - Pollen Filter & Hazard Switch Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoyracerAU

Car
1985 W123 230E & 1994 R129 SL500
Hi All,

I've previously seen threads that describe how to remove and replace the pollen filter for a 124 but I can't for the life of me find these threads now that I have purchased the parts.

Same goes for the R&R of the switch console in the middle of the dash. My hazard switch is faulty and again, I have purchased the part but now I can't find the 'how to'. :crazy:

Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Fantastic! Thanks heaps for those links. They've made it perfectly clear. I should now be right with the pollen filters.

Are there any suggestions with the dash console so I can get the hazard lights switch in over the weekend?

Tick! Pollen filter change done!

See the pic below, a tad overdue methinks, especially considering how startling white the new replacements were!

2fff46cc.jpg

Last edited:
Well done!
Wife's car filters were the same... thought I was lookin at charcoal filters at first :)
Haven't found anything regarding your hazard switch... but will search again...

I have previously wondered if the replacement of pollen filters as part of a scheduled service weren't just a grab for more of my cash, but having seen this one I now see the point in changing them.

Hi All,

Okay, tonight I replaced the hazard lights switch.

For those who may need to follow in my footsteps, this is how I got in.

All you need to do is pull both the fan and vent knobs to access two nuts (one behind each) that hold the wooden dash panel in place.

The knobs in my car were most unwilling to part company with the car, but I was able to come up with some very able but gentle persuasion.

I used a pair of vice grips! :D

However, I didn't use the vice grips directly on the knob as I figured they would leave a mark. I cut up one of those take away chopsticks you get from Sushi Bars and the like and placed the pieces at either side of the knob and then I applied the vice grips to these. See pic.

20110507HazardSwitchReplacement.jpg

After this it was plain sailing. The panel then hinged upward from the bottom and I was in! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom