Two thousand pounds off E & C

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guy

Car
Maserati Quattroporte : Brabus A200CDi D3 : E300TDT
Just taken an unsolicited call from MB retail [M/cr Birmingham London etc]: nice lady tells me they are offering £2k off any E or C class currently in stock, or which is ordered by November 30th. :rolleyes:

Is this a good sign? :confused: or are MB going the way of Citroen? :mad:

they have been doing this in London for at least 18 months now .. they need to sell more cars to pay for the disaster that is Chrysler. No doubt if you want an E or a C, you could get the 2k off and at least another 1k if you push them hard enough. All this means MB residuals are crap!

I got mine on a special "£2k off selected cars" weekend. I assumed that they would counter it with a lower trade in on my A Class, but I did my homework so knew what the trade in should be. They offered me exactly what the trade in should be rather than lowering it to compensate.

You won't be able to go to Germany to collect it though! :)

Last edited:
That's nice Guy, they call you just after you've bought a car!

All pre registered on 54 plate, by any chance?

Would this apply to a brand new factory custom spec car if order is placed by Nov 30th?

Flash

Flash said:
Would this apply to a brand new factory custom spec car if order is placed by Nov 30th?

Flash
I had the call from MB tooting

Flash said:
Answer is Yes, I asked that question. Order must be complete by 30 Nov.

Richard said:
That's nice Guy, they call you just after you've bought a car!

Absolutely!

Perfect illustration of MB Retail and MB Direct having no communication with one another; and better yet, I had ordered a new A class from MB Retail 2 weeks before she rang, and she didn't know that either.
If it weren't for the cars they sell, where would these people be?

On a rant now - salesmen and product knowledge :mad: I asked for sunblinds and DVD update thrown in on the E55 deal. Got a call from the salesman saying no part # showing for blinds, and DVD upgrade was hardware, not software, and couldn't be done.

Told him I had the option code for the blinds, and the part # for the software upgrade, and that it was a sad state of affairs when either - the customer had better product knowledge than the salesman - or - he was deliberately trying to save a few quid by telling porkies...he chose to blame the chap in Parts...

Bugblatter said:
You won't be able to go to Germany to collect it though! :)

Hi Bugblatter,
Is that last part factual? It would seem strange as it is part of the Mercedes-Benz tradition. I accept that cars already pre-ordered by the garage 'might not' qualify but what about someone going into a Dealer before the 30th November??

Regards,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom