Tyre Pressure Monitors on my E55 - How to deactivate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon1966

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
219 Vito Sport Crew Van
Hi All,

Just changed the wheels on my 2004 E55 Estate to AMG Style III's. My other wheels (turbines) had TPMS fitted but I didn't swap them over when I changed the wheels, mainly because I think a couple of them were on their last legs (I think so anyway, as kept getting intermittent messages to say there was a problem, but all was ok). Anyway I didn't want to go to the extra cost of 4 new TPMS as already got new set of tyres and wheels!!! So is there a way of deactivating the system, to stop me getting constant messages telling me to visit the workshop!!?

Thanks

I believe they can be deactivated on Star.
Have you a local indi who can do this for you?

I believe they can be deactivated on Star.
Have you a local indi who can do this for you?

Don't know an indi that has star. There is a guy I know, who does service Mercs but he has another system, not sure what it is though.

So no way of doing it myself then?

Try Tony ( He is the Owner ) at TM Motors West Molesey 0208 941 4044, very knowledgeable and a good guy. Mention my name Peter O'Neill Ex C43 now CL55.

Alfie / Richard from Comand.co.uk in Woking, Surrey can do it for you.

yep, i think Alfie is the best bet , its de-activated by star in the cluster settings

Try Tony ( He is the Owner ) at TM Motors West Molesey 0208 941 4044, very knowledgeable and a good guy. Mention my name Peter O'Neill Ex C43 now CL55.

Nice one thanks - not too far from me either.

Alfie / Richard from Comand.co.uk in Woking, Surrey can do it for you.

Great - woking close to me too, will give him a call.

I just thought I was missing something in the settings menu and could turn it off myself, but obviously not from what you all have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom