Tyres for 2013 C63 AMG (18 inch)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrSmyth

Car
Current: C63 AMG Estate, Past: Mercedes C350 CDI Sport
Hi All,

My Conti Sport (OEM fitted) need replacing and wondering what advice people have on the best tyres for a W204 C63. Contis were ok but would like a bit more grip.

Most people say the Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the way to go, but I can't find them for 18" wheels, looks like you can only get them for 19".

I'm not seeing glowing reviews for the Dunlop Sport Max although they're a lot more expensive. So are the Pirelli P Zeros the best option? If so, does anyone know the difference between P Zero and P Zero Nero GT?? It's a minefield!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers.

I'm going to try the new Michelin pilot sport 4 which have good reviews and are similar to super sports.

Try Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics 2 ?
Equally good compared to MPSS. Maybe a bit quicker wear, but that's subjective.

I got continentals, but going go for Goodyear eagle F1s, had these on my ST and thought they was a great tyre, much better than the contis I have on at the moment

Thanks all. I had the Eagle F1s on my C350 and got on with them pretty well. Given how popular the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are it seems odd they don't make them for the 18" wheel?

their now doing Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics 3's but not sure how they will match up the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics 2

You're not looking very hard if you cant find them for 18" wheels.

I called Michelin and they didn't have them - only Pilot Sport 4 which I presume aren't the same thing.

I've gone for P-Zeros through Black Circles which are being fitted today, will let you know how they go.

May be a bit late for you... but maybe for next time

As I'm about to p/x my C63 for a new one, but needed new tyres for the MOT, I decided to get the cheapest possible as I'd only be running them for a month or so. So I asked my local Kwik-Fit for the cheapest, nastiest option they had.

They fitted Arrowspeed N1000s, in 255/35 R18. I'd never even heard of them before, but they only cost about £88 each fitted, which is about half what I was paying before for my preferred P-Zeros.

And so far, I am pretty amazed! They are no more noisy than the Pirellis, and seem to have comparable levels of grip, even in the wet. No idea about wear rate yet, but I would certainly consider them again given the price.

Sadly they don't do a 19" version so I'll have to find something else on my next car.

Thanks for the heads up. So you know, I got all 4 P Zeros (same size as yours) for £470 fitted on BlackCircles which I thought was very good. MB quoted me about £750!

Thanks for the heads up. So you know, I got all 4 P Zeros (same size as yours) for £470 fitted on BlackCircles which I thought was very good. MB quoted me about £750!

Decent price that mate. Almost cost in fact.

Hi everybody,
I recently bought some P-Zeros for my C63 coupe, 19", width 275, profile 30, from tyres on the drive, they had a deal I could not refuse. I changed from Continental contact 5's so I have had the P-Zero's for about 4-5 months now.

IMO
Continental 5's are good tires with a decent amount of grip in the wet from the start (cold or warm), obviously perform better once warm. They wear quite quick and are not cheap but seem to be a all round performer.

Pirelli

P-Zero Silver really grip in the dry and seem to be wearing slower than the continentals. The silver part are suppose to wear slower but maintain performance etc (have a look at the link above). They perform well in the wet but you do have to warm them up first as I found out the other day (back end come round at a low speed in the wet, going round a roundabout :doh:). This inst to say they are not a great tyre as they are, its just a little warning to say they are not ready/warm yet. I also get a lot of wheel spin only when they are cold in the wet.

Hope this helps as I did not have a clue which tyre to get next..... so I decided to get a different tyre each time before I move to the long loved Michelin.

Last edited:
Thanks Bonkers - will be stretching the 63's legs this weekend so will see how I get on with the Pirellis compared to the Contis on some country lanes!

Thanks Bonkers - will be stretching the 63's legs this weekend so will see how I get on with the Pirellis compared to the Contis on some country lanes!

Pirelli tyres aren't that good you'd better of with the Contis.

have you got lsp fitted on the car?

Hi everybody,
I recently bought some P-Zeros for my C63 coupe, 19", width 275, profile 30, from tyres on the drive, they had a deal I could not refuse. I changed from Continental contact 5's so I have had the P-Zero's for about 4-5 months now.

IMO
Continental 5's are good tires with a decent amount of grip in the wet from the start (cold or warm), obviously perform better once warm. They wear quite quick and are not cheap but seem to be a all round performer.

Pirelli

P-Zero Silver really grip in the dry and seem to be wearing slower than the continentals. The silver part are suppose to wear slower but maintain performance etc (have a look at the link above). They perform well in the wet but you do have to warm them up first as I found out the other day (back end come round at a low speed in the wet, going round a roundabout :doh:). This inst to say they are not a great tyre as they are, its just a little warning to say they are not ready/warm yet. I also get a lot of wheel spin only when they are cold in the wet.

Hope this helps as I did not have a clue which tyre to get next..... so I decided to get a different tyre each time before I move to the long loved Michelin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom