Uh Oh! My new C63 VS a 3ft high kerb (spoiler alert, kerb won)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ilovethiscity

Car
2012 C63 AMG Coupe
As the title suggests my pride and joy met with a 3ft kerb in Chelsea today.. admittedly I did drive it into this kerb but I really didn't see it was so damn high! Luckily it was at crawling speed but nonetheless a super :fail on my part.

is there anything I can do with this? I realise it's not the end of the world but I already just can't stop looking at it :doh::doh::doh:

A 3ft high kerb isn't a kerb, it's a wall. How could you not see it?

Can't see any cracks from your pic, so if there are none, just sand smooth, prime, spray + lacquer :thumb:

Seeing as its low on the bumper, I wouldn't be too worried about perfect cutting in, as the car looks good surrounding paint should be in really good nick anyway.

Last edited:
Parking sensors didn't warn you?

Sucks anyway :(

A 3ft high kerb isn't a kerb, it's a wall. How could you not see it?
He didn't see it cos he was so damn high. Didn't you read the post?

On a serious note. Your cars white so it would be an easy diy repair and it could of been much worse. Gutted for you though.

haha some brilliant comments here thanks guys! It was actually only raised for about half a metre or so and I just didn't see it. One of those situations where I couldn't even believe it had happened as it seemed there was nothing there! Thank you all for the tips my missus didn't think it was bad at all so I just wanted somewhere to share my pain wasn't whinging it was 100% my fault! Just one of those things I guess :wallbash:

Parking sensors didn't warn you?

Sucks anyway :(
That's good questions. My parking sensors going crazy if I get anywhere near kerb or something on the side. They alert me when I go down on steep access road to car park.

I had "chipsaway" do a smart repair on my Alpina in a similar area - £120 and completely invisible.

Hi guys thanks for all the helpful info I have actually managed to get a local garage to sort this for me for a pretty nominal fee of £75 which I am happy with.

Problem solved and thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom